Cats pitcher Kevin Lynn signed by Devil Rays
Fort Worth Cats right-handed pitcher Kevin Lynn's contract has been purchased by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays organization.
Lynn, 26, started the season with a perfect 8-0 record before a loss in his final start as a Cat on Wednesday night in Edinburg. He leaves the Cats with an 8-1 record and a 2.70 ERA in nine starts. In 60 innings of work, Lynn struck out 38 and walked only eight.
Lynn came to the Cats during the off-season after pitching for the Brockton Rox in the Northeast League in 2004. He is the fifth Cats' pitcher over the past four seasons to be signed by a major league organization.
The Cleveland Indians signed Rick Powalski in 2002, Jermaine Van Buren signed with the Cubs in '03 and both Allen Davis and Brandon Wood were picked up by Philadelphia following the 2004 season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 16, 2005
- Aviators win rubber match against Senators - Coastal Bend Aviators
- El Paso downs Sports 8-5 - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Cats pitcher Kevin Lynn signed by Devil Rays - Fort Worth Cats
- Bark at the Park back at Smith-Wills Stadium - Jackson Senators
- Lynn sold to Devil Rays - Central League
- Rain Doesn't Damper Pelicans Bats - Pensacola Pelicans
- Sports explode for 14-9 victory - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.