Bark at the Park back at Smith-Wills Stadium
Jackson, MS; June 16, 2005 - The Jackson Senators of the Central Baseball League (CBL) announced today that due to popular demand, they have scheduled a "Bark at the Park" promotion at Smith-Wills Stadium this season. Fans are invited to bring their canines to the game on Sunday, July 17th when the Sens battle the Shreveport Sports. First pitch is scheduled for 5:05 pm with gates opening at 4:00 pm. All dogs must be on a leash.
Senators Vice President & General Manager Craig Brasfield said, "Bark at the Park is a great promotion we've had in the past and numerous people have been asking when we were going to have it this year. Pets become a part of your family, so now the "entire" family can come and enjoy some Senators baseball."
Complimentary tickets to "Bark at the Park" will be available July 11th at all BankPlus locations.
The Jackson Senators are part of the Central Baseball League, an independent league of eight professional baseball teams located throughout four southern states. The league is playing its twelfth season this summer with teams located in Edinburg, El Paso, Ft. Worth, Robstown, and San Angelo, Texas; Shreveport, Louisiana; Pensacola, Florida; and Jackson, Mississippi. The CBL will play a 94-game schedule between May and August 2005.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 16, 2005
- Aviators win rubber match against Senators - Coastal Bend Aviators
- El Paso downs Sports 8-5 - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Cats pitcher Kevin Lynn signed by Devil Rays - Fort Worth Cats
- Bark at the Park back at Smith-Wills Stadium - Jackson Senators
- Lynn sold to Devil Rays - Central League
- Rain Doesn't Damper Pelicans Bats - Pensacola Pelicans
- Sports explode for 14-9 victory - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.