Aviators win rubber match against Senators
ROBSTOWN, Texas -Coastal Bend Aviators took the third game of a three game set 7-3 against the Senators.
On a night honoring the Calallen Wildcats, the Texas State 4A champions, their pitching coach, Jose Luis Lopez took the mount for the Aviators, improving his record to 3-3. Lopez pitched seven complete innings, scattering nine hits and allowing only three runs.
Daniel Hearn the Jackson Senator starting pitcher made his professional debut against the Aviators. The 22 year old right hander lasted only two innings allowing two earned runs off of one hit. The one hit proving costly, a Jack Joffrion homerun following a walk to Chris Judkins to start the game.
Reid Casey came in relief for the Senators pitching four innings allowing four hits and five earned runs.
The Aviators were out hit 11 to 6, but their timely hitting proved decisive in the 7-3 victory.
Shawn Morgan pitched the eighth for the Aviators followed by James Lira who struck out the side to end the game in the ninth.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 16, 2005
- Aviators win rubber match against Senators - Coastal Bend Aviators
- El Paso downs Sports 8-5 - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Cats pitcher Kevin Lynn signed by Devil Rays - Fort Worth Cats
- Bark at the Park back at Smith-Wills Stadium - Jackson Senators
- Lynn sold to Devil Rays - Central League
- Rain Doesn't Damper Pelicans Bats - Pensacola Pelicans
- Sports explode for 14-9 victory - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.