Carolina League Playoffs Rescheduled Due to Hurricane Dorian
Due to the impending threat of Hurricane Dorian, which is expected to affect the Fayetteville area, and most of North Carolina, on Thursday, the Fayetteville Woodpeckers, Down East Wood Ducks, and the Carolina League partner in announcing a scheduling change for the first round of the 2019 Carolina League Playoffs.
The first two games of the South Division Championship Series, scheduled to take place between Fayetteville and Down East at Segra Stadium on Wednesday September 4th and Thursday September 5th, have been combined into a seven-inning doubleheader on Wednesday, September 4th. The doubleheader will consist of two seven inning games, with the first pitch of game one scheduled for 3:00PM, with the gates opening at 2:00PM.
With an off day now scheduled for Thursday, both teams will be able to ensure their safety while Hurricane Dorian passes the North Carolina coast. Fans with tickets to the regularly scheduled game on Wednesday, September 4th are free to attend both games of the doubleheader. Fans with tickets to the regularly scheduled game on Thursday, September 5th will have to exchange tickets for a ticket to the doubleheader, or for a refund.
Should there be any other adjustments to the playoff schedule, the league and its respective teams will provide any necessary updates.
The Fayetteville Woodpeckers are the Advanced Single-A affiliate of the 2017 World Champion Houston Astros and play in their Inaugural Season at beautiful Segra Stadium in downtown Fayetteville. Segra Stadium, a $40 million state-of-the-art sports and entertainment venue, features space for over 5,200 fans, natural grass, a 25x70 LED video scoreboard, six luxury suites, four field boxes, the premium AEVEX Veterans Club level, Healy's Bar and outdoor party deck, a kid's zone, and more. With a rich history of baseball in the city of Fayetteville and Cumberland County, the Woodpeckers are thrilled to write a new chapter with their inaugural campaign on Hay Street. Fans are encouraged to visit FayettevilleWoodpeckers.com to purchase tickets, learn more about the team, and find out about upcoming events and promotions at the ballpark. Fans may also reach the Woodpeckers by visiting the BB&T Box Office in front of Segra Stadium, calling (910) 339-1989, or emailing woodpeckers@Astros.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Carolina League Announces Schedule Changes for Mills Cup Playoffs - Down East Wood Ducks
- Support Your Sox in the Northern Division Championship - Salem Red Sox
- Carolina League Playoffs Rescheduled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Dubin Named Final Carolina League Pitcher of the Week in 2019 - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Martinez Named Carolina League Player of the Week - Down East Wood Ducks
- Recap: Fayetteville 5, Down East 4 - Down East Wood Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Woodpeckers Stories
- Ballpark Digest Recognizes the Fayetteville Woodpeckers with 2019 Logo/Branding of the Year Award
- Ballpark Digest Recognizes Segra Stadium as a "Ballpark of the Decade"
- Woodpeckers Announce 2020 Schedule
- Fayetteville Shutout in Game Five
- Offense Silenced as Wilmington Evens Championship Series