Carolina League Playoffs Rescheduled Again
Due to the lingering effects of Hurricane Dorian, which struck the town of Kinston throughout Thursday, the Fayetteville Woodpeckers, Down East Wood Ducks, and the Carolina League partner in announcing another scheduling change for the first round of the 2019 Carolina League Playoffs.
Games three and four, both scheduled to play with the best-of-five series tied at one game, will now be played as part of a seven-inning doubleheader at Grainger Stadium in Kinston, with the first pitch for game one scheduled for 4:00PM. Should the two teams split the doubleheader, game five will take place as normally scheduled on Sunday.
The Fayetteville Woodpeckers are the Advanced Single-A affiliate of the 2017 World Champion Houston Astros and play in their Inaugural Season at beautiful Segra Stadium in downtown Fayetteville. Segra Stadium, a $40 million state-of-the-art sports and entertainment venue, features space for over 5,200 fans, natural grass, a 25x70 LED video scoreboard, six luxury suites, four field boxes, the premium AEVEX Veterans Club level, Healy's Bar and outdoor party deck, a kid's zone, and more. With a rich history of baseball in the city of Fayetteville and Cumberland County, the Woodpeckers are thrilled to write a new chapter with their inaugural campaign on Hay Street. Fans are encouraged to visit FayettevilleWoodpeckers.com to purchase tickets, learn more about the team, and find out about upcoming events and promotions at the ballpark. Fans may also reach the Woodpeckers by visiting the BB&T Box Office in front of Segra Stadium, calling (910) 339-1989, or emailing woodpeckers@Astros.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Rocks Rally for Walk-Off Win to Extend Their Season - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Carolina League Playoffs Rescheduled Again - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- CLDS Game 3 Postponed Due to Field Conditions - Down East Wood Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Woodpeckers Stories
- Ballpark Digest Recognizes the Fayetteville Woodpeckers with 2019 Logo/Branding of the Year Award
- Ballpark Digest Recognizes Segra Stadium as a "Ballpark of the Decade"
- Woodpeckers Announce 2020 Schedule
- Fayetteville Shutout in Game Five
- Offense Silenced as Wilmington Evens Championship Series