Captains wallop Legends, 16-1
(Lexington, KY)--Lake County first baseman Fernando Pacheco went 4-4 with a homer and five RBI Thursday night, leading the Captains to a 16-1 win over the Lexington Legends at Applebee's Park.
The Captains (26-34) gained a split in the four-game series against the Legends (36-23), and will return to Classic Park for a seven-game homestand beginning at 7:05 Friday night against Lakewood.
On Thursday, the Captains scored a season-high 16 runs and matcher their season-high with 17 hits en route to their most lopsided victory of the season.
Pacheco, who entered the game hitting .191, went 4-4, with a three-run homer and five RBI. He also had two singles, a double, and a sacrifice fly. He finished the night hitting .212.
Pacheco's homer, his ninth of the season, came during an eight-run eighth inning when the Captains sent 12 men to the plate.
The Captains also batted around in the fifth when they scored five times against Levi Romero (5-4).
Johnny Drennen and P.J. Hiser each had three hits for the Captains. Hiser had three RBI.
Captains starter Jim Deters (4-3) worked 5 2/3 innings and scattered nine hits and one run to earn his fourth win of the season.
Chris Gimenez was activated from the disabled list prior to the game, and was the DH in the Captains lineup. Gimenez, who had been out of action with a dislocated thumb since May 6th, went 2-2, with a double, two walks, and a hit-by-pitch.
Tickets are still available for tomorrow's game, which will feature post-game fireworks, by calling (440) 954-WINS.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 8, 2006
- Crawdads hurt Hoppers' hopes with sweep - Hickory Crawdads
- Braves bats come alive to sting GreenJackets - Rome Braves
- Suns sweep Power - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive blanked by RiverDogs, 1-0 - Greenville Drive
- Tourists tie series with Kannapolis win - Asheville Tourists
- Suns take two from Power - West Virginia Power
- Captains wallop Legends, 16-1 - Lake County Captains
- Savannah Salvages Series Finale with Catfish, 3-1 - Columbus Catfish
- RiverDogs' Mike Veeck Tabbed for Induction into SAL Hall of Fame - Charleston RiverDogs
- Chris Vines Placed On Disabled List - Rome Braves
- Promo-packed homestand starts tomorrow - Charleston RiverDogs
- USA Baseball World Championships Tour to stop in Greensboro - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Pair of I's Named All-Stars - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lake County Captains Stories
- Signed and Game-Used Bieber, Ram=C3=ADrez, Lindor Memorabilia Featured in Captains Charities Auction and Raffle
- Captains Promote Roth to Assistant GM, Name Maskey Director of Turf Management
- Official Statement from the Captains Regarding Sunday's Trunk Or Treat Event and COVID-19
- NCAA DIII College World Series Coming to Eastlake in 2024
- Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC Will Begin August 22