Caps Drop Game One of USNTDP Swing to U-18's 4-0
February 2, 2023 - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Madison Capitols News Release
The Capitols kicked off their February on Thursday night in Plymouth, Michigan, as the team faced off against the US National Team Development Program's U-18's. The two teams faced off in early January with the U-18's winning by a four-goal margin. Sadly for Madison, a similar result was in store for them on Thursday.
The two teams skated fairly even during the first twenty minutes of play. Although the USNTDP had the edge in shots in the first, the Capitols spent four minutes on the man-advantage taming the US even strength attack. Neither team was able to find the game's opening goal in the first period, which the first is statistically the lowest scoring period for the Capitols and Capitols opponents this year.
In the second, USNTDP struck early just over a minute into the period. The goal early on in the second would end up becoming the game's winning tally. The U-18's added another in the second to take a 2-0 lead into the locker room, which was followed by another two in the third, including one empty netter.
Game one of the two-game USNTDP swing went the way of the U-18's by a score of 4-0. Madison falls to 9-26-1-1 on the season with a chance to bounce back tomorrow night. Although facing a different roster tomorrow, the Capitols stay put in Plymouth to face off against the U-17's tomorrow night. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 pm ET with the broadcast for tomorrow's game being found on usahockeyntdp.com/watch.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2023
- Hawks Return the Favor - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Caps Drop Game One of USNTDP Swing to U-18's 4-0 - Madison Capitols
- Jamison Sluys Commits to Western Michigan University - Omaha Lancers
- USHL Enters Second Half of Season with 346 NCAA Division I Commitments - USHL
- New-Look Lumberjacks Ready to Start Fresh with a Pair of Home Games this Weekend against Youngstown - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Lumberjacks Say Three Big Trades Will Allow Talented Youngsters to Lead Team this Season and Beyond - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Caps Travel to Face USNTDP - Madison Capitols
- Force Acquire 3 Year USHL Veteran - Fargo Force
- Roster Moves in Muskegon - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stars Acquire Dunbar from Muskegon - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.