Capitals Recall Karl Alzner
ARLINGTON, Va. - The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Karl Alzner from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.
Alzner is a second-year pro who stands 6'3", 206 pounds. The Burnaby, British Columbia, native played in 21 regular-season games for Washington this year and had five assists. He had three goals and 18 assists in 56 games for Hershey and was third on the team with a +34 rating. Alzner has played in 51 career games for Washington and has one goal, nine assists and only 10 penalty minutes.
The Hershey Bears hold a 2-0 best-of-seven series lead against the Albany River Rats in the East Division finals. Hershey eliminated Bridgeport 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs. Alzner has skated in all seven games for Hershey and has one goal, four assists and a +4 rating.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rats Fall 6-5 in Overtime - Albany River Rats
- Amerks Season Ends in Game 7 Loss to Heat - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Battle Heat in North Division Final - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Announces Schedule for North Division Finals - AHL
- Capitals Recall Karl Alzner - Hershey Bears
- Senators Sign Colin Greening To Entry-Level Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Release Chiarot - Chicago Wolves
- Kings Dustin Brown Named Finalist For NHL Foundation Award - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Playoff Update #14 - Texas Stars
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Game 7: Two Teams Remain, One Will Move On - Rochester Americans
- Wolves To Face Texas Stars In West Division Final - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Rally Late, Head into All-Star Break with Shootout Win at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night
- Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM