Senators Sign Colin Greening To Entry-Level Contract
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - April 27, 2010) - Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today that the club has signed forward Colin Greening to a one-year entry-level contract.
Greening, 24, was the Senators' seventh-round pick (204th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. A native of St. John's, N.L., he recently concluded his collegiate hockey career with the Eastern College Athletic Conference's Cornell University Big Red after his team was defeated by the University of New Hampshire in the National Collegiate Athletic Association East Regional semifinals on March 26. In 34 games with Cornell this season, Greening set new collegiate career highs in assists (20) and points (35) while matching a career high with 15 goals.
In four seasons at Cornell, the 6-2, 211-pound centre appeared in each of the school's 137 games, recording 118 points by scoring 55 goals and adding 63 assists. Following his senior year, Greening was selected the ECAC hockey-student athlete of the year and and was recognized with the Lowe's Senior CLASS award, which is presented annually to the most outstanding senior student-athlete in NCAA men's division I hockey.
Prior to his arrival at Cornell, where he was a co-captain in his sophomore and junior seasons before being anointed captain for his senior season, Greening played one season for the Nanaimo Clippers of the British Columbia Hockey League, where he scored 27 goals and 35 assists in 56 games. He has attended the last four Senators' summer development camps, where he was recognized as the hardest working player in 2007.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rats Fall 6-5 in Overtime - Albany River Rats
- Amerks Season Ends in Game 7 Loss to Heat - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Battle Heat in North Division Final - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Announces Schedule for North Division Finals - AHL
- Capitals Recall Karl Alzner - Hershey Bears
- Senators Sign Colin Greening To Entry-Level Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Release Chiarot - Chicago Wolves
- Kings Dustin Brown Named Finalist For NHL Foundation Award - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Playoff Update #14 - Texas Stars
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Game 7: Two Teams Remain, One Will Move On - Rochester Americans
- Wolves To Face Texas Stars In West Division Final - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.