Canucks Sign and Recall Forward Darren Archibald
Utica, NY - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed and recalled forward Darren Archibald from the Utica Comets.
Archibald, 27, has recorded 16 points (7-9-16) in 25 games with Utica this season. He currently ranks sixth on the team in points per game (0.64) and seventh in goals. In 2016-17, the 6-3, 212-pound forward led the Comets in goals (23) and points (47) and was the recipient of the Tom McVie Award as the Coach's MVP and the Mohawk Valley Media Player of the Year Award.
In 356 career AHL games over parts of seven seasons split between Chicago and Utica, Archibald has collected 151 points (77-74-151) and 435 penalty minutes. In 16 career NHL games, all with Vancouver during the 2013-14 season, he has recorded a goal and two assists.
A native of Newmarket, Ontario, Archibald was originally signed as a free agent by Vancouver in 2013.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Griffins Bag First-Place Moose Again - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Drop Third Straight in 2-0 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matthew Highmore's Two-Goal Effort Lifts Rockford over San Antonio 3-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Doubled up at Grand Rapids 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Win Special Teams Battle, Beat T-Birds, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Open Home Stand with 4-3 Win over Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Surge Late But Fall to Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Assign Joonas Korpisalo to Monsters, Recall Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- Canucks Sign and Recall Forward Darren Archibald - Utica Comets
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- RSVP Now for Condors 20th Anniversary Reunion Celebration - Bakersfield Condors
- Pack Pushed to Shootout but Hold on for 5-4 OT Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport storms back with four goals in the third period to earn point on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hogs Hope to Stay Hot on Home Ice as They Host San Antonio - Rockford IceHogs
- Fan Voting Continues as Griff's IceHouse Advances to Semifinals of Lighting Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Desrosiers Returns to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Heat Bounce Back for Road Win in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack at 11 a.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Heads Home After 5-1 Loss to Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Gulls Win Fourth Straight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Fall at Milwaukee - Manitoba Moose
- Gaudreau, Lindback Help Ads Snap Skid - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.