Moose Fall at Milwaukee
The Manitoba Moose (31-10-3-3) resumed their road swing with a rematch against the Milwaukee Admirals (22-20-4-0) on Tuesday night. The home side opened the scoring 6:41 into the period when Mark Zengerle moved the puck from behind the goal line to the slot for Bobby Butler who made no mistake on the chance. Mason Appleton and Peter Stoykewych nearly put the Moose on the board with chances on a late power play, but the Admirals escaped to the intermission leading 1-0.
The Moose wasted no time in tying the contest in the second period. Patrice Cormier got to the net and finished on the backhand just 14 seconds into the frame. Manitoba grabbed the lead on a shorthanded tally from Buddy Robinson at 8:55 of the period as the big forward banked the puck in off a defender's skate. Milwaukee evened the score 28 seconds later, capitalizing on its power play, with Frederick Gaudreau wiring a shot to the twine. Despite the chances piling up at both ends of the ice, the score stuck at 2-2 through the period.
Neither team gave an inch in the third with the squads combining for just 12 shots on goal. Both sides had abbreviated power plays late in the period, but couldn't capitalize as the game rolled into overtime. The Moose put four shots at Anders Lindback, including a great look for Sami Niku late in the extra frame, but couldn't end the game in three-on-three play. The Admirals scored the only two goals of the shootout to claim a 3-2 win.
Cameron Schilling reached the 20-assist plateau for the first time in his career.Buddy Robinson has five shorthanded points (2G, 3A) this season.Attendance was announced at 2,458.
The Moose head to Grand Rapids where they face the Griffins on Wednesday. Listen to the action on TSN 1290 or online at moosehockey.com/listenlive and the Manitoba Moose App with puck drop at 6 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Griffins Bag First-Place Moose Again - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Drop Third Straight in 2-0 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matthew Highmore's Two-Goal Effort Lifts Rockford over San Antonio 3-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Doubled up at Grand Rapids 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Win Special Teams Battle, Beat T-Birds, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Open Home Stand with 4-3 Win over Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Surge Late But Fall to Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Assign Joonas Korpisalo to Monsters, Recall Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- Canucks Sign and Recall Forward Darren Archibald - Utica Comets
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- RSVP Now for Condors 20th Anniversary Reunion Celebration - Bakersfield Condors
- Pack Pushed to Shootout but Hold on for 5-4 OT Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport storms back with four goals in the third period to earn point on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hogs Hope to Stay Hot on Home Ice as They Host San Antonio - Rockford IceHogs
- Fan Voting Continues as Griff's IceHouse Advances to Semifinals of Lighting Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Desrosiers Returns to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Heat Bounce Back for Road Win in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack at 11 a.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Heads Home After 5-1 Loss to Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Gulls Win Fourth Straight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Fall at Milwaukee - Manitoba Moose
- Gaudreau, Lindback Help Ads Snap Skid - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.