Hogs Hope to Stay Hot on Home Ice as They Host San Antonio
ROCKFORD, Ill. -- The Rockford IceHogs seek their first win over the San Antonio Rampage this season as the teams face off at the BMO Harris Bank Center on Wednesday night. Rockford is 0-2-0-1 against San Antonio, but has earned points in each of their last five contests on home ice (3-0-1-1).
Puck drop is at 7 p.m. and fans can tune in to all the action on Cozi TV 23.3 or Dish Network Channel 252, beginning with IceHogs Warmup at 6:30 p.m. IceHogs fans can also listen to the game at sportsfanradio1330.com or watch live at AHLlive.com (subscription required).
NOTE: Fans who attended the last Fas Fuel Winning Weekdays game against Bakersfield on Jan. 23 may redeem their ticket from that contest for a free ticket of equal or lesser value to tonight's matchup. Visit the BMO Harris Bank Center box office to redeem.
Matchup: The IceHogs (24-18-3-3, 5th Central) take on the Rampage looking to recover from a 7-4 loss in Chicago last Saturday night.
Forward Anthony Louis has scored in each of his last three games, and now sits one point behind Matthew Highmore for the team scoring lead with 9g-19a-28pts. Fellow forward Tyler Sikura notched two goals last week, and has three points in his last two outings. On the back end, Adam Clendening has 1g-9a-10pts in his 10 games with Rockford this season, including assists in his last two contests.
San Antonio (24-18-4-0, 5th Pacific) enters tonight's tilt following an eight-game homestand during which they went 4-2-2-0, and a Saturday visit to the Texas Stars in its most recent contest, where the Rampage suffered a 5-1 defeat.
Forward Samuel Blais paces the Rampage with 11g-14a-25pts through 23 games, including 3g-5a-8pts in his last eight outings. Andrew Agozzino follows with 8g-16a-24pts of his own, and has notched a goal and two assists through three contests against Rockford this season. Rocco Grimaldi has a goal in each of the two games that he has played against the IceHogs in 2017-18, and has posted a team-high 13 goals on the year.
Next Home Game: Friday, Feb. 9 | Rockford vs Milwaukee Admirals (7 p.m.)
The IceHogs take on their Central Division-rival Milwaukee Admirals on Friday, February 9. Puck drop is at 7 p.m., and the first 1,000 fans aged 21+ in attendance will receive a free pair of IceHogs grill tongs, courtesy of Bud Light. Tickets can be purchased at IceHogs.com, by calling (815) 968-5222 or in-person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Griffins Bag First-Place Moose Again - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Drop Third Straight in 2-0 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matthew Highmore's Two-Goal Effort Lifts Rockford over San Antonio 3-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Doubled up at Grand Rapids 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Win Special Teams Battle, Beat T-Birds, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Open Home Stand with 4-3 Win over Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Surge Late But Fall to Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Assign Joonas Korpisalo to Monsters, Recall Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- Canucks Sign and Recall Forward Darren Archibald - Utica Comets
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- RSVP Now for Condors 20th Anniversary Reunion Celebration - Bakersfield Condors
- Pack Pushed to Shootout but Hold on for 5-4 OT Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport storms back with four goals in the third period to earn point on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hogs Hope to Stay Hot on Home Ice as They Host San Antonio - Rockford IceHogs
- Fan Voting Continues as Griff's IceHouse Advances to Semifinals of Lighting Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Desrosiers Returns to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Heat Bounce Back for Road Win in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack at 11 a.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Heads Home After 5-1 Loss to Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Gulls Win Fourth Straight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Fall at Milwaukee - Manitoba Moose
- Gaudreau, Lindback Help Ads Snap Skid - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Maksimovich, Noel Eye Adjustments as Development Camp Opens
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Forward Brett Welychka
- IceHogs to Host Texas Stars in 2018-19 Home Opener Saturday, October 13