'Canes Reassign Bishop to Charlotte
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has reassigned forward Clark Bishop to the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Bishop, 23, recorded six points (3g, 3a) in 38 AHL games with the Checkers and three points (1g, 2a) in 20 games with the Hurricanes during the 2018-19 regular season. The 6'1", 199-pound forward has also skated in two playoff games with Charlotte this season. Bishop has registered 40 points (12g, 28a) in 148 career AHL regular season games and two goals in 10 career AHL playoff games. The St. John's, N.L., native was drafted by the Hurricanes in the fifth round, 127th overall, of the 2014 NHL Draft.
The Hurricanes host the Washington Capitals in Game 6 of their First Round series at PNC Arena on Monday at 7:00 p.m. For information about 2019 Hurricanes playoff tickets, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Utica Ousted from Playoffs by Baltimore - Utica Comets
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Insider: Wolves Take Playoffs Show on the Road - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with 2-Time Stanley Cup Champ Kris Versteeg - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Host Game 3 of the Playoffs Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Blues Recall Seven Players from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Monsters Announce Four Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Year in Review - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.