Canaries To Join Skyforce, Storm In Fundraiser
SIOUX FALLS, SD (March 9, 2009) - The Sioux Falls Canaries will participate in a Wiggin' Out For Kids fundraiser on Friday, March 13 from 6-9 p.m. at seven different bars/restaurants in Sioux Falls. The event will raise funds and awareness for Cure Kids Cancer at Sanford Children's Hospital.
Canaries staff along with representatives from Sioux Falls Skyforce and Sioux Falls Storm, will mingle with customers and ask them to donate money to the cause. The event participants, who will be transported via bus courtesy of Royal Limousine, will make stops at Buffalo Wild Wings, Gateway Casino & Lounge, Nutty's South, Nutty's North, Champps, and Rookies Sports Grill & Bar.
"We are pleased to partner with the local sports teams of Sioux Falls to help raise funds and awareness for kids battling cancer," said Cure Kids Cancer development associate Erin Metzger. "As the region's only Cure Kids Cancer Hospital, Sanford Children's Hospital is proud to be the premiere choice of care for kids with cancer."
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from March 9, 2009
- Professional Baseball Team Offers HBO's Kenny Power 2009 Contract - Pensacola Pelicans
- Diablos' Local Tryouts Changed - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Sign Former Big Leaguer Self - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Strengthen Pitching Through Trade - Wichita Wingnuts
- Canaries To Join Skyforce, Storm In Fundraiser - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saltdogs Re-Sign Three More for 2009 - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.