Diablos' Local Tryouts Changed
El Paso-The El Paso Diablos have changed the times for their local tryouts on Saturday April 4, 2009 at the EPCC baseball field. Check in will begin at 1:00 p.m., tryouts will run from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Players wanting to tryout must be over 18 years of age and be a high school graduate. Those wanting to participate are encouraged to pre-register for $35. Players are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Participants should wear general baseball attire; provide their own wooden bats, helmets and catching equipment. Registration forms may be picked up at Cohen Stadium, 9700 Gateway North Boulevard, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The American Association's 96-game season opens May 14. The league consists of the following ten teams: North Division-Lincoln Saltdogs, St. Paul Saints, Sioux City Explorers, Wichita Wingnuts and Sioux Falls Canaries; South Division-Grand Prairie Airhogs, El Paso Diablos, Fort Worth Cats, Pensacola Pelicans, and Shreveport Captains. The Diablos open their season with a four day home stand against the Sioux City Explorers on Thursday, May 14. Season ticket packages are currently on sale at the Diablos Box Office. For more information please call Adriana Ruiz at 915-755-2000.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from March 9, 2009
- Professional Baseball Team Offers HBO's Kenny Power 2009 Contract - Pensacola Pelicans
- Diablos' Local Tryouts Changed - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Sign Former Big Leaguer Self - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Strengthen Pitching Through Trade - Wichita Wingnuts
- Canaries To Join Skyforce, Storm In Fundraiser - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saltdogs Re-Sign Three More for 2009 - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.