Canaries Sign Dominant Reliever Flores
th Opening Day just hours away, the Sioux Falls Canaries have made one of their biggest acquisitions of the offseason.
The Birds have signed right-handed pitcher Ryan Flores, one of the top relief pitchers in the American Association.
"In my opinion, Ryan has been the best reliever in the league the last two years," Canaries manager Mike Meyer said. "We're really excited to have him."
Flores' signing completes a trade from last year, when the Canaries sent Blake Schmit to Sioux City for three players to be named later.
Flores was superb last year with the X's, racking up 70 strikeouts in 61.2 innings of work with a 2.62 ERA and 1.14 WHIP. It was his second year in Sioux City; the Kerrville, Texas native posted a 10.7 K/9 in 2017.
Flores is expected to start off the year as the Canaries' closer.
The Birds take on the Cleburne Railoraders on Thursday at 7 p.m. Fans can tune in to the game on Sioux Falls Sports Radio 98.1 FM and AM 1230 KWSN and online at kwsn.com.
The Canaries' home opener is scheduled for May 31, a Fireworks Night game against the nnipeg Goldeyes at 7:05pm. For more information on season tickets, suites, group outings, and corporate opportunities, call the Canaries Front Office at (605) 336-6060, or visit the Canaries' official website at www.sfcanaries.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 16, 2019
- MKE Milkmen Open Regular Season on the Road Thursday Night in St. Paul against Saints. - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Tradewinds Sensory Room Unveiled - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Canaries Sign Dominant Reliever Flores - Sioux Falls Canaries
- T-Bones Announce Saint Luke's as Premier Sponsor for a Multi-Year Partnership - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.