Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brandon Baddock
Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced today that the team has agreed to terms with forward Brandon Baddock on a two-way, one-year contract (2020-21). The deal will see Baddock earn $700,000 in the NHL and $110,000 in the AHL.
Baddock, 25, played 50 games with the Binghamton Devils in the AHL in 2019-20. The 6'03'' and 220 lbs centerman tallied six goals and nine assists in addition of serving 114 penalty minutes.
It was his third-straight season with over 100 penalty minutes in the American League.
Baddock, a native of Vermilion, AB has skated in 170 career games in the AHL since making his debut in 2017-18, recording 12 goals and 20 assists while serving 377 penalty minutes. Baddock was selected in the sixth round by the New Jersey Devils at the 2014 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2020
- Sabres Sign Davidson to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Xavier Ouellet to a Two-Year Contract Extension - Laval Rocket
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brandon Baddock - Laval Rocket
- American Hockey League Announces Violation of Performance Enhancing Substances Program - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Canadiens Loan Josh Brook to the Krefeld Pinguine
- American Hockey League Targeting February 5 as Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Xavier Ouellet to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brandon Baddock
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Noah Juulsen to a One-Year Contract Extension