Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Andreas Borgman and goaltender Chris Gibson to one-year, two-way contracts, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Borgman, 25, has appeared in three games this season for Assat Pori of the SM-liiga, collecting a goal and two points. The Stockholm, Sweden native played in 53 games for the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League last season, posting two goals and 16 points to go along with 42 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot, 199-pound defenseman has skated in 48 career NHL games, all with Toronto during the 2017-18 season, collecting three goals and 11 points to go along with 28 penalty minutes and a plus-4 rating. Borgman has also played in 123 career AHL games over three seasons with Toronto and San Antonio, registering 10 goals and 42 points to go along with 108 penalty minutes.
Borgman went undrafted and signed with Toronto as a free agent on May 16, 2017.
Gibson, 27, appeared in 25 games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League during the 2019-20 season, earning a record of 10-8-5 to go along with a 2.78 goals-against average and .914 save percentage. The Karkkila, Finland native also posted two shutouts last season.
The 6-foot-2, 207-pound goaltender has played in 14 career NHL games over three seasons, all with the New York Islanders, picking up three wins to go along with a .904 save percentage. Gibson has also appeared in 208 career AHL games over seven seasons with the Tigers and Toronto Marlies, compiling a record of 105-67-22 to go along with a 2.60 goals-against average, .911 save percentage and 11 shutouts.
Gibson was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in the second round, 49th overall, at the 2011 NHL Draft.
Tickets packages for the 2020-21 season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2020
- Sabres Sign Davidson to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Canadiens Sign Defenseman Xavier Ouellet to a Two-Year Contract Extension - Laval Rocket
- Canadiens Agree to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Forward Brandon Baddock - Laval Rocket
- American Hockey League Announces Violation of Performance Enhancing Substances Program - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Stanley Steemer Teddy and Toy Toss Drive-Thru December 5
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Devante Stephens to AHL Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson