C.D. Pelham Makes Major League Debut with Rangers
FRISCO, Texas - Former Frisco RoughRiders pitcher C.D. Pelham made his Major League debut with the Texas Rangers Wednesday night, becoming the 148th Riders player to debut in the big leagues.
Pelham worked 2/3 innings in his debut, allowing a run on four hits. The southpaw joined the Riders, the Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, June 22 and went 2-0 with a 6.16 ERA in 24 outings, converting both of his save opportunities along the way. He joined the Riders after starting the year with Advanced-A Down East, where he was a Carolina League Midseason All-Star. Additionally, he was selected to participate in the 2018 Sirius XM All-Star Futures Game at Nationals Park in Washington, DC.
Pelham had his contract purchased by the Rangers Tuesday following the conclusion of the RoughRiders season. He is the eighth former Riders player to make his Major League debut this season and the seventh to do so with the Rangers.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from September 5, 2018
- Travs Win Thriller over Drillers in Playoff Opener - Arkansas Travelers
- C.D. Pelham Makes Major League Debut with Rangers - Frisco RoughRiders
- Hartman Pitches Gem to Give Hooks Game 1 Win - San Antonio Missions
- Hammons Field Wins Eighth Straight Texas League Field of the Year Award - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers and Dodgers Extend Affiliation Partnership - Tulsa Drillers
- RoughRiders Top All of Double-A in Attendance for 14th Consecutive Year - Frisco RoughRiders
- Playoff Baseball Returns to ONEOK Field on Friday - Tulsa Drillers
- Hounds End Year with Seven Game Winning Streak - Midland RockHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Frisco RoughRiders Stories
- Riders Support Numerous Local Non-Profits in October
- Jason Dambach Leaving Riders to Pursue Opportunities Outside of MiLB
- RoughRiders Host Annual Fall Festival Saturday, October 27 at Dr Pepper Ballpark
- Riders Foundation Busy in Community During August
- RoughRiders Announce 2019 Schedule