Bush Joins Iowa Rotation
Right-handed pitcher Dave Bush has joined the Iowa Cubs' starting rotation and will pitch in today's 1:05 p.m. game against Oklahoma City. RHP Chris Rusin will piggyback Bush's start. Bush signed a minor-league deal with Chicago on July 15th after being designated for assignment and subsequently released by the Texas Rangers on July 1st. In a corresponding roster move, Marco Carrillo has been reassigned to Double-A Tennessee.
Bush appeared in 17 games (three starts) with Texas this season. Overall, he was 0-1 with a 5.79 ERA in 37.1 innings. In his three starts, Bush had no record with a 4.09 ERA in 11 innings.
Originally drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the second round of the 2002 First Year Player Draft, Bush worked his way up through the minor leagues and made his Major League debut with the Blue Jays against the Montreal Expos on July 2, 2004. He was eventually traded to the Brewers in a five-player deal on December 7, 2005.
Bush posted consecutive seasons with a winning record in 2006 and 2007 with Milwaukee and struck out a career-high 166 in 2006. He helped the Brewers make it to the postseason in 2008 and became the first Milwaukee pitcher to win a playoff game since 1982 as he led the Brew Crew over the Phillies in game three of the NLDS.
Carrillo was 2-1 with a 6.10 ERA in 11 games with Iowa. He made two spot starts in Iowa's rotation and was 1-0 with a 1.86 ERA in those games. With Tennessee this season, he is 4-0 with three saves and a 1.21 ERA.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 17, 2011
- Robinson Slam Sends 'Topes to 9-5 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Padres Return Home Monday for First Time in 12 Days - Tucson Padres
- Giavotella Powers Chasers Past Hometown Zephyrs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Leaves 'Birds at the Station - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Take Finale at Memphis 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Drop Homestand Finale to Isotopes, 9-5 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Stung by Salt Lake, 5-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Raley Field Plays Hero, Grizzlies Can't Complete Sweep - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Sweep Sky Sox with 6-4 Win - Reno Aces
- Zephyrs Fall to Omaha 7-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cubs Take Series with 3-2 Sunday Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Robinson Blasts Cubs Past RedHawks - Iowa Cubs
- Tucson Shut Out by Las Vegas, 5-0 - Las Vegas 51s
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Transactions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bush Joins Iowa Rotation - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Drop Sky Sox, 8-6, for Fifth-Straight Win - Reno Aces
- Pill's Slam Keys Grizzlies Comeback - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Stifle Salt Lake, 4-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.