Burn Trades Midfielder Joselito Vaca To MetroStars
DALLAS - The Dallas Burn announced today that the team has traded midfielder Joselito Vaca to the MetroStars for future considerations. The future considerations are contingent on the number of matches that Vaca is available for next year for the Metros. It is expected that the compensation will be either a very high draft pick or picks in 2005 and/or 2006.
"The entire Dallas Burn organization is thankful to Joselito for his service to the team," said Burn President and General Manager Greg Elliott. "This scenario will provide Joselito the opportunity to play regular first-team minutes next year. With the arrival of Ramon Nunez and the surplus and depth of midfielders currently on the team, the opportunities for Joselito to play were going to be limited. This enables us to be able to develop the younger players such as Nunez. Additionally, Joselito's contract is up at the end of next year and we were not certain that he would sign with the league once his contract expired. At the end of the day, once we carefully considered all of these factors, this move made the most sense not only for the Burn but for Joselito as well."
Vaca was acquired by the Burn in the 2001 draft. He played in 73 career games, scoring five goals and adding 17 assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2004
- Burn Trades Midfielder Joselito Vaca To MetroStars - FC Dallas
- Dallas Burn Acquires Defender Cory Gibbs - FC Dallas
- MetroStars Acquire Midfielder Joselito Vaca From Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- Revolution Names Former England Great Paul Mariner Assistant Coach - New England Revolution
- Galaxy signs Herzog - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Marquinhos Pedroso Undergoes Successful Offseason Surgery to Repair Core Muscle Injury
- Applications Are Open for FC Dallas Foundation Community Action Grants Presented by CornerStone Staffing
- Chris Richards to Join U.S. U-20s Squad for Qualification Stage
- Carlos Gruezo, Maynor Figueroa Called into National Team Duty
- Reggie Cannon Called to U.S. Men's National Team Duty