Burn Trades Goalkeeper DJ Countess To Chicago
DALLAS - The Dallas Burn announced today that the team has traded goalkeeper DJ Countess to the Chicago Fire for a conditional draft pick in 2005.
"At the onset of our process to upgrade the squad, we proactively acquired depth at the goalkeeper position," said Burn Head Coach Colin Clarke. "Given this depth, we are able to make a move that will likely provide our organization a premium draft pick in a potential expansion year, and also open up an important protected roster spot which can now be used to add even more depth to the team. We're very comfortable with what Scott (Garlick) and Jeff (Cassar) bring to the table - both on the field and in the locker room - and feel extremely confident heading into the season with two proven veteran keepers."
Countess was acquired by the Burn from the MetroStars on March 13, 2002. In his two years in Dallas, he saw action in 25 matches, posting a 5-16-4 record and a goals-against average of 1.92.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2004
- Galaxy travel to France for three preseason matches - LA Galaxy
- Galaxy single game tickets on sale Saturday at noon - LA Galaxy
- Crew acquires David Testo from Richmond - Columbus Crew SC
- Fire Acquires U.S. U-23 National Team Standout Goalkeeper D.J. Countess - Chicago Fire
- Burn Trades Goalkeeper DJ Countess To Chicago - FC Dallas
- Galaxy sign midfielder Cobi Jones - LA Galaxy
- Crew home opener: 43 days and counting - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.