Bulls Offense Blows by Jackalopes in 9-2 Victory
Odessa, TX - The Amarillo Bulls used an offensive explosion to rocket past the Odessa Jackalopes in a 9-2 victory on Saturday night.
Amarillo wasted little time continuing its offensive rhythm from the previous night, as Aaron White lifted home the opening goal just 54 seconds into the contest. The Jackalopes would answer as John Serafin's feed toward the net was deflected in to tie the game. The Bulls were not deterred by the response, as Adam Kolcon would get his first goal of the season to kick off a three-goal run by Amarillo. Matt Allen and Nick Stapleton would each contribute a goal to the Bulls lead, as the team would head to the intermission with a 4-1 lead.
Amarillo would grow its lead in the second period, when Oliver Bezick scored his second goal of the season when he lifted a long wrist shot past the Odessa netminder, Jaeger Reed. After the Bulls went on the penalty kill, White would tally his second of the game for Amarillo with a shorthanded breakaway goal.
Into the third period, the Bulls would find two more scores when Nick Trela scored a powerplay goal, and Kyrre Hellerud would tuck home the puck while falling into the crease. The scoring frenzy was broken up Ben Thomas' goal for the Jackalopes. Jonathan Young would tally the final goal of the contest when he game Amarillo the 9-2 lead with seconds left in regulation.
Max Gutjahr would stop 23 of 25 shots while earning his team leading, 10th victory on the season.
With the win, the Bulls are now 18-5-1-2 and hold 39 points and second place in the South Division.
The Bulls will return home to the Budweiser Bull Pen on Friday, December 13 to take on the New Mexico Ice Wolves. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:05PM CST on 107.1 Nash Icon and Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Ice Wolves Lose to Mudbugs, 3-1 - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Persson, Brahmas Shut out IceRays Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bulls Offense Blows by Jackalopes in 9-2 Victory - Amarillo Bulls
- Bruins Pummel Blizzard, 5-2 - Austin Bruins
- Jamestown Edges out Maryland for Series Sweep - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Fall to Titans, 4-2 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Pilots Ride Balanced Offensive Effort to 5-3 Victory over Jr. Blues - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Win Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Two Second Period Goals Doom Titans in 4-1 Loss to Tomahawks - New Jersey Titans
- Brown Bears Snap Losing Skid, Ground Jets - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Jackalopes Fall 7-2 to Amarillo at Ector County Coliseum - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce Events for Make-A-Wish Night
- Glockner Blanks Mudbugs as Bulls Complete Weekend Sweep
- Special Teams Shine as Bulls Down Mudbugs in Battle of the Bodies
- Bulls Outlast Mudbugs in Friday Night Dogfight
- Bulls Stumble Late as Mudbugs Rally in Third Period