Bulls Clipped by Raptors 905 on the Road
Mississauga, ON- The Windy City Bulls (23-26), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, dropped a 98-95 decision on the road to the Raptors 905 at the Hershey Center in Mississauga Ontario Thursday night.
Alec Brown poured in a team-high 27 points and nine rebounds while Alfonzo McKinnie (18 points, 13 rebounds), Duje Dukan (16 points, 13 rebounds) and Wesley Saunders (13 points, 10 assists) each tallied double-doubles.
Illinois native Fred VanVleet, on assignment from the Toronto Raptors, paced the Raptors 905 (38-11) with 24 points and nine assists. Pascal Siakam added 22 points and seven rebounds.
After trailing 24-19 at the end of the first quarter, Windy City outscored the Raptors 905 25-20 in the second period to make the score 44-44 at halftime.
A jumper by Brown put Windy City ahead 85-82 early in the fourth quarter, but the Raptors responded to hold a slim lead throughout the remainder of regulation.
Trailing 98-95 with 13.6 seconds in regulation, the Bulls forced a critical defensive stop to keep the door open but a three-point attempt by Brown as time expired was off the mark.
The game featured 12 lead changes and six ties as Windy City shot 40% from the field and won the battle of the boards 52-38.
The Bulls wrap up their inaugural season against the Maine Red Claws this Saturday night at 7 PM at the Sears Centre Arena. For tickets or more information visit WindyCityBulls.com
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 31, 2017
- Red Claws Clinch 3rd Straight Atlantic Division Title - Maine Red Claws
- Energy Keep Hawks at Bay in Thriller - Iowa Wolves
- Taylor Scores 30 as Vipers Defeat Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Strike in Second Half - Texas Legends
- Bulls Clipped by Raptors 905 on the Road - Windy City Bulls
- Beasley Shines in Skyforce Loss to Oklahoma City - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Run out of Gas in Loss to Grand Rapids Drive - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.