Bulls Clipped by Raptors 905 on the Road
Mississauga, ON- The Windy City Bulls (23-26), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, dropped a 98-95 decision on the road to the Raptors 905 at the Hershey Center in Mississauga Ontario Thursday night.
Alec Brown poured in a team-high 27 points and nine rebounds while Alfonzo McKinnie (18 points, 13 rebounds), Duje Dukan (16 points, 13 rebounds) and Wesley Saunders (13 points, 10 assists) each tallied double-doubles.
Illinois native Fred VanVleet, on assignment from the Toronto Raptors, paced the Raptors 905 (38-11) with 24 points and nine assists. Pascal Siakam added 22 points and seven rebounds.
After trailing 24-19 at the end of the first quarter, Windy City outscored the Raptors 905 25-20 in the second period to make the score 44-44 at halftime.
A jumper by Brown put Windy City ahead 85-82 early in the fourth quarter, but the Raptors responded to hold a slim lead throughout the remainder of regulation.
Trailing 98-95 with 13.6 seconds in regulation, the Bulls forced a critical defensive stop to keep the door open but a three-point attempt by Brown as time expired was off the mark.
The game featured 12 lead changes and six ties as Windy City shot 40% from the field and won the battle of the boards 52-38.
The Bulls wrap up their inaugural season against the Maine Red Claws this Saturday night at 7 PM at the Sears Centre Arena. For tickets or more information visit WindyCityBulls.com
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 31, 2017
- Red Claws Clinch 3rd Straight Atlantic Division Title - Maine Red Claws
- Energy Keep Hawks at Bay in Thriller - Iowa Wolves
- Taylor Scores 30 as Vipers Defeat Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Strike in Second Half - Texas Legends
- Bulls Clipped by Raptors 905 on the Road - Windy City Bulls
- Beasley Shines in Skyforce Loss to Oklahoma City - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Run out of Gas in Loss to Grand Rapids Drive - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City's Antonio Blakeney Named 2017-18 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Hamilton Posts First Career Triple-Double, Windy City Downs Greensboro 108-90
- Shorthanded Windy City Falls 119-107 to Fort Wayne in Final Road Game
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller