Taylor Scores 30 as Vipers Defeat Legends
Hidalgo, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (31-18), NBA D-League affiliate of the Houston Rockets, took down in-state rival Texas Legends (25-24) 131-122.
Vipers' Isaiah Taylor finished the night with 30 points to lead both teams in scoring. Texas' Jameel Warney had a double-double with 11 rebounds and 29 points in the game.
Both teams kept it even during the opening half of play, finishing both of the first quarters tied. Warney and Stephane Lasme carried most of the workload in the opening quarter finishing with 13 points and 10 points respectively. Vipers and Legends finished the first quarter tied 30-30.
Neither team could find separation in the second quarter that lead to both teams ending the half with a 63-63 tie.
Isaiah Taylor started getting into rhythm in the third, scoring 11 points in the third quarter. Troy Williams added another nine points as the Vipers started running away with the lead.
Manny Harris did his best to bring Texas Legends back into the game with eight points in the final minutes of play. The Vipers were able to hold on the lead to finish the last regular season home game with a 131-122 win.
The Rio Grande Valley Vipers will play their next game on Saturday, April 1st against Iowa Energy before starting playoffs on Thursday, April 6.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 31, 2017
- Red Claws Clinch 3rd Straight Atlantic Division Title - Maine Red Claws
- Energy Keep Hawks at Bay in Thriller - Iowa Wolves
- Taylor Scores 30 as Vipers Defeat Legends - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Strike in Second Half - Texas Legends
- Bulls Clipped by Raptors 905 on the Road - Windy City Bulls
- Beasley Shines in Skyforce Loss to Oklahoma City - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Run out of Gas in Loss to Grand Rapids Drive - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.