Bulls Blank Brahmas 1-0
AMARILLO, TX - 1, 9 and 13...
If the Amarillo Bulls were playing the numbers on Friday night they would have hit the jackpot.
The Amarillo Bulls extended their unbeaten streak to 13 games with a 1-0 shootout victory over the Lone Star Brahmas at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center. The victory also pushed the Bulls first place lead to 9 points over Topeka that had the night off.
At times, the Bulls dominated the pace of play inside the Brahmas zone, but kept their chances mainly to the outside, allowing the opposing goaltender Harrison Feeney to see every shot that was fired his way. The Bulls best chance came in the overtime as Alex Peterson and company were sent in on a 2 on 1 break but failed to push the puck across the goal line.
Jason Grande was solid in goal for the Bulls stopping all 23 shots he faced. At times, Grande didn't see a lot of action as the Bulls spent a lot of time in the offensive zone. However, when called upon the PA native was there to make keys important saves.
In the shootout, Joey Baez gave Lone Star a 1-0 lead, but Trey Bagwell even the scoring on a great shot. Defenseman Nick Anderson was the third shooter for the Bulls and made no mistake, firing the puck past Feeney to win the game.
The Amarillo Bulls outshot the Lone Star Brahmas 44-23. Each team's penalty killing was strong preventing the opposition from gathering any momentum.
Fans will want to be at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center tomorrow (Saturday) night when the Bulls host the Brahmas at 7 pm in round six of the Battle Of The Cattle Series. It's the annual Toys For Tots Teddy Bear Toss as fans are encouraged to bring a new or gently used Teddy Bear to the game and when the Bulls score their first goal throw the toys onto the ice in support of the great cause.
Tickets are available at the Bulls Office located at 301 South Polk, Civic Center Box Office and all Panhandle Ticket locations including United Supermarkets or online at www.amarillobulls.com/tickets or www.panhandletickets.com. The Bulls Office will be open from 10 am to 4 pm and for further information call 806-242-1122.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2018
- Steel Suffer Loss to Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Bugs Lose Fourth in a Row - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bruins Earn Fourth and Fifth Straight Wins with Road Sweep of Brookings - Austin Bruins
- Postula Nets Two, Knights Win Penalty-Filled Affair - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Black Bears Run out of Time on Third Period Comeback Push - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Clip Rebels 3-2 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Player Profile: Ethan Haider - Minnesota Magicians
- Player Profile: Jack Robbel - Minnesota Magicians
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 27 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Steel Get Ready to Take on Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Vernon, Sladic Lift Wings through Wilderness - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Blank Brahmas 1-0 - Amarillo Bulls
- IceRays Dominate Jackalopes 8-2 Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.