Black Bears Run out of Time on Third Period Comeback Push
ODENTON, MD - The Maryland Black Bears lost to the New Jersey Titans 5-3 Saturday night. The Titans struck first midway through the first period, while the Bears went scoreless until the second period. The first Black Bears goal came from Forward Luke Mountain and assisted by newly acquired Defensemen Bradley Jenion.
The next three goals came from the Titans, which expanded their lead to 5-1 after only a few minutes into the third period. The Maryland Black Bears were not intimidated by the large hole they faced. Forward Daylon Mannon led the Black Bears third period comeback charge by scoring two goals to cut the deficit to 5-3. The Black Bears outshot the Titans 13-7 in the final period and showed some serious resilience. Ultimately, the. Black Bears ran out of time and could not climb out of the four-goal Titan lead established early in the third period.
The Maryland Black Bears have now lost six straight and will aim to break the losing streak tomorrow when the puck will drop again at 3:10 PM against the New Jersey Titans at Middletown Ice World Arena.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2018
- Steel Suffer Loss to Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Bugs Lose Fourth in a Row - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bruins Earn Fourth and Fifth Straight Wins with Road Sweep of Brookings - Austin Bruins
- Postula Nets Two, Knights Win Penalty-Filled Affair - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Black Bears Run out of Time on Third Period Comeback Push - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Clip Rebels 3-2 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Player Profile: Ethan Haider - Minnesota Magicians
- Player Profile: Jack Robbel - Minnesota Magicians
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 27 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Steel Get Ready to Take on Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Vernon, Sladic Lift Wings through Wilderness - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Blank Brahmas 1-0 - Amarillo Bulls
- IceRays Dominate Jackalopes 8-2 Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.