Buffalo Bisons Praise Congressional Efforts to Save Minor League Baseball
The Buffalo Bisons today praised the newly created Save Minor League Baseball Task Force that has been organized by members of Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating 42 minor league franchises, nearly one quarter of all minor league teams around the country.
"We appreciate the support of Rep. Lori Trahan (D.-Massachusetts), David McKinley (R-W.Va.) and the members of the task force in standing up for Minor League Baseball and speaking out against MLB's effort cast off thousands of jobs, reduce affordable, family-friendly entertainment and undermine grassroots support for our great game," said Mike Buczkowski, President of Rich Baseball Operations/Buffalo Bisons General Manager.
While the Bisons were not on the list of teams facing the possibility of elimination under the MLB proposal, the Bisons will remain vigilant and united with all Minor League Baseball teams in opposition to the MLB plan.
Minor League teams are vital to the social and economic lives of millions of Americans; they support scores of local businesses and jobs, provide accessible entertainment, help promote tourism spending and donate tens of millions of dollars in charitable contributions.
"With this proposal, MLB is willing to break the hearts of dozens of communities across the country," said Buczkowski. "We are going to resist this plan and are gratified that so many in Congress are willing to join with us."
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from December 4, 2019
- Mud Hens Praise Save Minor League Baseball Task Force - Toledo Mud Hens
- Red Wings Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Rochester Red Wings
- Norfolk Tides Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders Back Unwavering Support to Save Minor League Baseball - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Praise Congressional Effort to Save MiLB - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Bisons Praise Congressional Efforts to Save Minor League Baseball - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Blue Jays Sign Richard Urena, Two Others to Minor League Deals
- Bob Costas Headlines 'The Seasons of Buffalo Baseball 1857-2020' Book Launch on December 8
- Former Bison Coach Carl Willis Keeps Churning out Cy Young Pitchers
- Buy Camo & Support Our Vets
- Roberts Latest Former Bison to Win World Series