Knights Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) -- The Charlotte Knights today praised the newly created Save Minor League Baseball Task Force that has been organized by members of Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating 42 minor league franchises, nearly one quarter of all minor league teams around the country.
"We appreciate the support of Rep. Lori Trahan (D-Massachusetts), David McKinley (R-W.Va) and the members of the task force in standing up for Minor League Baseball and speaking out against MLB's effort cast of thousands of jobs, reduce affordable, family-friendly entertainment and undermine grassroots support for our great game," stated Charlotte Knights Chief Operating Officer, Dan Rajkowski.
While the Charlotte Knights were not on the list of teams facing the possibility of elimination under the MLB proposal, the Knights will remain vigilant and united with all Minor League Baseball teams in opposition to the MLB plan.
Minor league teams are vital to the social and economic lives of millions of Americans; they support scores of local businesses and jobs, provide accessible entertainment, help promote tourism spending and donate tens of millions of dollars in charitable contributions.
"With this proposal, MLB is willing to break the hearts of dozens of communities across the country," stated Rajkowski. "We are going to resist this plan and are gratified that so many in Congress are willing to join with us."
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from December 4, 2019
- Mud Hens Praise Save Minor League Baseball Task Force - Toledo Mud Hens
- Red Wings Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Rochester Red Wings
- Norfolk Tides Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders Back Unwavering Support to Save Minor League Baseball - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Praise Congressional Effort to Save MiLB - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Bisons Praise Congressional Efforts to Save Minor League Baseball - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- Knights Offering Unique Opportunity to "Work from Home Plate" Starting on November 30
- The Charlotte Symphony Presents a Concert for Charlotte at Truist Field
- Knights Launch "Fields for Our Future" Presented by Truist
- "Knights Care 4 CLT" Raised over $125,000 for Those in Need
- 2020 Charlotte Area High School Senior All-Star Classic Presented by Truist Set for July 9