Brewers Edge Orem, Win 4-3
OREM - Orem got a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first, but the Brewers surpassed the Owlz in the sixth inning, defeating Orem 4-3.
Nonie Williams gave the Owlz a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning. Williams hit a single to center field to score Jordyn Adams and Kevin Maitan.
The Brewers scored their first run in the top of the third. Luis Avila scored on a Yeison Coco double. Williams and Adams ran into each other on the play. After the collision, Rayneldy Rosario and Justin Jones replaced the two injured Owlz.
Orem brought the lead back up to 3-1 in the bottom of the inning when Rosario scored from Livan Soto single. Helena's Pablo Abreu scored in the fourth decreasing the Owlz lead to one.
Helena took the lead in the sixth inning. Jesus Lujano hit an RBI single then Lujano scored from an Avila line drive single. The two Brewer runs put Helena on top 4-3.
After the two Brewer runs neither team could score again. All three Owlz runs came in the opening innings. Helena had nine hits in the game compared to Orem's seven.
The Owlz will finish their homestand tomorrow against Helena. The game will be at 7:05 p.m. at the Home of the Owlz. Tomorrow is Signed Ball Giveaway. While supplies last, fans will receive an autographed baseball when they walk through the gates.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 15, 2018
- Brewers Edge Owlz to Win Fourth Straight - Helena Brewers
- Osprey Lose Lead Late in Loss to Grand Junction Wednesday - Missoula Osprey
- Rox Top Osprey - Grand Junction Rockies
- Peterson, Malisheski Provide Winning Boost - Ogden Raptors
- Voyagers Lose Error Filled Game to Ogden - Great Falls Voyagers
- Chukars Lose in Billings 6-4 - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Jonathan Heasley Named Pitcher of the Week - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Brewers Edge Orem, Win 4-3 - Orem Owlz
- Short on Hits, Power Is Enough for 6-4 Win over Chukars - Billings Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.