Jonathan Heasley Named Pitcher of the Week
Idaho Falls, Idaho - Chukars RHP Jonathan Heasley has been named Pioneer League Pitcher of the Week for his efforts from August 6-12.
Heasley pitched 5 shutout innings in the Chukars 13-4 win over the Great Falls Voyagers on Sunday, August 12th. Heasley allowed only 2 hits, 0 walks and 1 strikeout. In the game, Heasley was able to get 11 groundouts, 1 double play ball, 1 flyout, 1 pop up and 1 strikeout.
It was Heasley's first professional win. He was drafted in the 13th round of the 2018 draft by the Kansas City Royals. Heasley played his college baseball at Oklahoma State University.
It's the 2nd time a Chukars pitcher has been named Pioneer League Pitcher of the Week. CJ Eldred won the honor in the week of July 2nd-8th after he went 7 scoreless innings on July 4th vs Orem.
The Chukars return to Melaleuca Field for a 7 game homestand beginning on August 17th vs the Great Falls Voyagers.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 15, 2018
- Brewers Edge Owlz to Win Fourth Straight - Helena Brewers
- Osprey Lose Lead Late in Loss to Grand Junction Wednesday - Missoula Osprey
- Rox Top Osprey - Grand Junction Rockies
- Peterson, Malisheski Provide Winning Boost - Ogden Raptors
- Voyagers Lose Error Filled Game to Ogden - Great Falls Voyagers
- Chukars Lose in Billings 6-4 - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Jonathan Heasley Named Pitcher of the Week - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Brewers Edge Orem, Win 4-3 - Orem Owlz
- Short on Hits, Power Is Enough for 6-4 Win over Chukars - Billings Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.