Brewers Double up Voyagers to Win Second Straight
Helena, MT - Down 4-0 after half an inning, the Helena Brewers offense put the pedal to the floor and never stopped, scoring at least one run in each of the first four innings. The Brewers took their first lead in the third, and after Great Falls tied it in the fourth, Helena took the lead for good in the bottom of the fourth. Helena doubled up Great Falls 10-5 and are now 6-1 against the Voyagers at home this season.
Great Falls jumped on Michele Vassalotti with a four run first inning, capped off by a two run home run from Ryan Fitzpatrick. Helena though cut the deficit in half in the bottom of the inning, as back to back walks from Voyagers starter Jason Bilous started the rally. After a Yeison Coca sacrifice bunt, David Fry drove home the first run of the game with a sacrifice fly, and Bryan Torres followed with an RBI single.
Helena cut the Great Falls lead to one in the second as a one out double from Je'Von Ward scored on a Brice Turang ground out. The Brewers then took the lead thanks to a two out two RBI single from Jose Sibrian in the third, making it 5-4 Brew Crew.
Romy Gonzalez tied the game at five for Great Falls with a solo home run against Roberto Delgado in the top of the fourth, but the tie didn't last long. A leadoff single from Ward scored on a two out single from Fry, and two batters latter Pablo Abreu singled Fry home, making it 7-5 Brewers.
Tyler Tungate came on in relief in the fifth and retired all nine batters that he faced. Helena added on a run in the sixth on a wild pitch and two in the eighth on RBI singles from Torres and Abreu. Fry, Torres, Abreu and Sibrian each finished the night with two RBI games. Fry has also now driven home multiple runs in each game of the series with Great Falls.
The Brewers look to take the series tomorrow as Max Lazar takes the hill for his final home start of the year. First pitch is at 7:05 PM, as it is Carroll College Night as well as Visit Great Falls night. For details and tickets visit helenabrewers.net.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 31, 2018
- Brewers Double up Voyagers to Win Second Straight - Helena Brewers
- Ogden Falters in Potential Playoff Preview - Ogden Raptors
- One-Run Loss Sends Voyagers to Series Defeat - Great Falls Voyagers
- Chukars Split Doubleheader vs Orem - Idaho Falls Chukars
- GJ Tops Ogden - Grand Junction Rockies
- Mustangs Win 7-4 over Osprey in Final Meeting of Season - Billings Mustangs
- Big Innings the Difference for Mustangs in Extra-Inning Win - Billings Mustangs
- Osprey Score 11 Runs But Fall in Extra Innings - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Raptors Rally to Tie...But Fall in Ninth - Ogden Raptors
- Rox Split Series with Win over Owlz - Grand Junction Rockies
- Voyagers Lose Second Straight in Helena - Great Falls Voyagers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.