Boulders Battle Back but Fall, 6-4
The Rockland Boulders (42-49) lost 6-0 on Friday night to the Sussex County Miners (60-32) as the teams kicked off the final series of the regular season from Palisades Credit Union Park.
The Miners jumped out to an early lead with a run in each of the first two innings off Boulders starter Edgar De La Rosa. Sussex broke through with three more runs in the fifth thanks to a two-run double from Nick Zaharion and an RBI single from Audy Ciriaco.
The Boulders attempted a late comeback from a six-run deficit in the bottom of the ninth. Richie Fecteau, Adam Ehrlich and Chase Harris combined to drive in four runs in the inning but the late comeback fell short and the Miners won 6-4 to clinch the league's regular-season title.
The teams will continue their four-game split series tomorrow night at Skylands Stadium. The Boulders will return home for their final home game of the season on Sunday night at 5 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Aumont Tosses Sixth Complete Game of the Year as Champions Down Capitales 2-1 - Ottawa Champions
- Boulders Battle Back but Fall, 6-4 - New York Boulders
- NJ Jackals' Alfredo Marte Named Can-Am League Player of the Year - New Jersey Jackals
- Ward Walks-Off Miners - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.