Bombers on Pace to Set CFL Record in Grey Cup Merchandise Sales
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers would like to thank all fans who celebrated the team's 107th Grey Cup win over the past week. Community celebrations kicked off the moment the team landed at Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport Monday afternoon to a crowd filling the entire first floor of the terminal.
On Tuesday, the parade hosted by the City of Winnipeg that wove down Portage Avenue all the way to the Forks brought over 10,000 fans to line the streets downtown. The team then hosted a Grey Cup social at the RBC Convention Centre Friday night that saw over 2,500 more fans come to celebrate and take photos with the team and the Grey Cup, and the following morning an astounding 5,000-plus fans returned to the Convention Centre for a hugely successful family event.
"The response from our fans has been tremendous. The passion that fans have shown for our team is so positive for our city and province," said Wade Miller, President and CEO of the Winnipeg Football Club. "Our team is meeting this week to find more ways to share the Grey Cup with the province. We are so grateful for our fan support province-wide and look forward to sharing this championship with them."
New Grey Cup merchandise is arriving daily in both the Bomber Store at IG Field and St. Vital Centre holiday store location.
"The first week of Grey Cup merchandise sales has been extremely strong and we are on pace to sell the most Grey Cup merchandise in the history of the CFL," said Miller. "We know our fan base is the strongest in the league and I have no doubt we will surpass Saskatchewan's record set in 2013."
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeated the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in a decisive 33-12 victory in the 107th Grey Cup held Sunday November 24th in Calgary. 2020 season tickets are now on sale at www.bluebombers.com/2020-season-tickets or by calling 204-784-7448.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Riders Add One to Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Bombers on Pace to Set CFL Record in Grey Cup Merchandise Sales - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- BC Lions Name Rick Campbell Head Coach - B.C. Lions
- Ultimate Sports Pass Arrives: One Ticket, Four Teams - Edmonton Eskimos
- Reinebold to Return as Tiger-Cats Special Teams Coordinator - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Stamps to Hold Annual Locker-Room Sale - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Bring Back American WR Worthy - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Blue Bombers Release Defensive End Jonathan Kongbo to Pursue NFL Opportunities
- Blue Bombers Sign Players to Futures Contracts
- Bombers on Pace to Set CFL Record in Grey Cup Merchandise Sales
- Blue Bombers to Host Grey Cup Social Friday Night at RBC Convention Centre
- Grey Cup Merchandise on Sale Now