Argos Bring Back American WR Worthy
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today that the team has re-signed American WR Chandler Worthy for three years.
Worthy, 26, is back for his fourth season in Toronto after coming to the team as a free agent in 2017. The 5'8, 180-pound receiver got his chance to play down the stretch last season and did not disappoint, catching 12 passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns in three games. Worthy spent the back end of the 2018 season on the Argos practice roster after playing in four games in the Argos 2017 Grey Cup season. Before his time in the CFL, the Troy University product spent the 2016 offseason with the New York Jets and played three games for the Houston Texans in 2015, catching three passes for 13 yards.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Riders Add One to Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Bombers on Pace to Set CFL Record in Grey Cup Merchandise Sales - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- BC Lions Name Rick Campbell Head Coach - B.C. Lions
- Ultimate Sports Pass Arrives: One Ticket, Four Teams - Edmonton Eskimos
- Reinebold to Return as Tiger-Cats Special Teams Coordinator - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Stamps to Hold Annual Locker-Room Sale - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Bring Back American WR Worthy - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.