BlueClaws Fall in Double-Header Tuesday at Hagerstown
HAGERSTOWN, MD - Hagerstown swept a double-header from the BlueClaws on Tuesday, winning 4-3 and 6-5. Kyle Marinconz hit a three-run walk-off home run in the bottom of the seventh to win game two.
The BlueClaws (24-41) fell to 1-4 at Municipal Stadium this year and are 9-5 against the Suns (30-35).
Hagerstown topped the BlueClaws 4-3 in game one behind five strong innings from Joan Adon (5-2), who allowed two runs in the win.
Lakewood took a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning on a two-run, opposite field home run by Luke Miller. It was Miller's second home run as a BlueClaw.
Hagerstown, however, took the lead in the bottom of the fourth. After Jacob Rhinesmith's RBI single, Israel Pineda hit a two-run home run into the BlueClaws right-centerfield bullpen to give the Suns a 3-2 lead.
The Suns added a run on a Justin Connell groundout in the sixth.
BlueClaws starter Tyler McKay (2-4) gave up four runs in 4.1 innings of work.
Kyle Marinconz hit a walk-off home run off Luis Ramirez in the bottom of the seventh to give Hagerstown a 6-5 win.
The home run was the fourth walk-off homer allowed by the BlueClaws this season. Ramirez (0-1) inherited a 5-3 lead in his first game with Lakewood this year after being activated on Sunday.
The BlueClaws got first inning RBI singles from Carlos De La Cruz and Cole Stobbe to take a 2-0 lead.
The Suns responded on Justin Connell's home run in the bottom of the first inning to cut the lead to 2-1.
Gilbert Lara then tripled home two runs in the bottom of the third to put the Suns up 3-2.
Lakewood responded in the fifth with successive RBI hits from Luis Garcia, a triple, and Abrahan Gutierrez, a double, to re-claim the lead.
BlueClaws starter Kyle Glogoski gave up three runs, two earned, in four innings of work while adding six strikeouts. Glogoski has now struck out 45 hitters in 27.2 innings pitched so far this season. He will represent the BlueClaws the SAL All-Star Game next Tuesday.
The teams continue their series on Wednesday night at 7:05 pm. LHP Jhordany Mezquita (2-4) opposes RHP Jake Irvin (4-3).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Shorebirds Fall to Power, Still Clinch North - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Suns Complete Doubleheader Sweep with Walk-Off Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Lexington Drops Game Two to Augusta - Lexington Legends
- Jackets Rattle off 4th Straight Victory, Defeat Lexington 6-3 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Kannapolis Holds off Greenville, 5-4, on Tuesday - Greenville Drive
- Casetta-Stubbs Flings Six Scoreless in 1-0 Win - West Virginia Power
- BlueClaws Fall in Double-Header Tuesday at Hagerstown - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Bies Slams Door as RiverDogs Edge Braves, Cling to First-Place Spot - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Even Series by Trouncing Tourists - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 11 vs. Asheville (Game 61) - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (June 11) - West Virginia Power
- Lockridge, Smith to Participate in All-Star Home Run Derby - Charleston RiverDogs
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Hagerstown Suns Homestand Preview June 11-16 - Hagerstown Suns
- McKay Tabbed as Keynote Speaker for 2019 SAL All-Star Luncheon - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.