Blue Drops Final Game of West Coast Swing to Ignite
LAS VEGAS - The Oklahoma City Blue (6-4) fell to the G League Ignite (4-5), 99-89, on Sunday at the Michelob ULTRA Arena. After holding the Ignite to 17.4 percent shooting from three-point range through the first three periods, Ignite went on a 21-4 run to close out the weekend series, 1-1.
The Blue captured a 19-18 advantage late in the first quarter on a Zavier Simpson layup and maintained the lead as they entered the fourth quarter with a 10-point edge. Two-way player Aaron Wiggins had a game-high 13 points in the first two periods on 5-of-6 shooting to give the Blue a 52-46 halftime advantage. Oklahoma City shot an efficient 53.1 percent from the field in the first half compared to the Ignite's 37.8 percent.
Melvin Frazier Jr. was a perfect 5-of-5 from the field in the third quarter, scoring 13 points in the quarter. Stout fourth-quarter defense from the Ignite and 12-of-18 shooting in the quarter allowed them to secure the win.
Thunder assignment player Théo Maledon grabbed seven boards and dished out a season-high 10 assists. Wiggins finished with 15 points, three rebounds, and three assists.
D.J. Wilson continued his strong play with 10 points, nine boards, and four assists. Frazier Jr. finished with a season-high 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting, including 3-of-3 from long range.
Jaden Hardy led the way for Ignite with 20 points, five rebounds, and four assists as six Ignite players reached double figures.
The Blue will be back in action on Wednesday, Dec. 15 as they return home to face the Stockton Kings at 12 p.m. CT at Paycom Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2021
- Preview: Skyforce at Motor City - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Wolves Fall Short at Cleveland - Iowa Wolves
- Skyforce Acquires Pedro Bradshaw - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Drops Final Game of West Coast Swing to Ignite - Oklahoma City Blue
- New Orleans Pelicans Assign Jaxson Hayes and Trey Murphy III, Transfer Jose Alvarado to Birmingham Squadron - Birmingham Squadron
- Warriors Recall Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hawks Assign Jalen Johnson and Onyeka Okongwu, Transfer Sharife Cooper to Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.