Blue Claims 115-100 Road Win over Ignite
LAS VEGAS - The Oklahoma City Blue (6-3) defeated the G League Ignite (3-5), 115-100, on Friday night at the Michelob ULTRA Arena. The Blue's furious start to the fourth quarter was the difference as they led by as many as 23 in the frame in Friday's matchup.
Oklahoma City jumped out to a 59-52 halftime lead courtesy of 50 percent shooting from the field. The Blue was led by DJ Wilson's 20 points in the first, which stands as the most points scored in any half by a Blue player this season.
A buzzer-beating shot from long range by Melvin Frazier Jr. at the end of the third quarter pushed the Blue's lead to double digits heading into the fourth by a score of 87-76. Oklahoma City opened the fourth quarter on an 14-2 run and never looked back, closing out the Ignite comfortably.
Thunder assignment player Théo Maledon continued his efficient play as he provided 13 points and a game-high seven assists. Fellow assignment player Vít Krejči added a career-best 15 points on a perfect 6-of-6 shooting, nine rebounds and three assists. Two-way player Aaron Wiggins returned to duty for the Blue and finished with 11 points, five rebounds, and dished out three assists.
A total of seven Blue players scored in double figures, one of them being Olivier Sarr, who had a career-high 18 points on 7-of-8 shooting to go along with six rebounds. Wilson finished with a double-double that included 22 points and 11 rebounds, both game-highs.
Ignite guards Jaden Hardy and Michael Foster Jr. led the way for Ignite with 20 points each.
The Blue will be back in action on Sunday, December 5 against the G League Ignite at 4 p.m. CT at the Michelob ULTRA Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 4, 2021
- Blue Claims 115-100 Road Win over Ignite - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Cap Back-To-Back with Another Win over Skyhawks, 121-117 - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Get Back to Winning Ways; Rout Skyhawks 123-102 - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Drop 107-96 Contest to Fort Wayne - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Gold Defeat Herd 111-107 in Heated Back and Forth Battle - Grand Rapids Gold
- Chandler Hutchison Flex-Assigned to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Activate J.J. Avila and Jared Wilson-Frame - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Players, Coaches and Staff to Participate in City of Stockton Annual Holiday at the Point: Tree Lighting Ceremony - Stockton Kings
- Denver Nuggets Sign Davon Reed to 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Gold
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers, 131-110 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Tops Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Wisconsin Herd Strikes Gold with Win over Grand Rapids - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.