Bledsoe and Hatch Called up to USWNT Camp to be Held in the Netherlands
Boyds, MD. - U.S. Women's National Team head coach Vlatko Andonovski has named Spirit goalkeeper Aubrey Bledsoe and forward Ashley Hatch to the 23-player roster for the USA's November training camp in the Netherlands.
The USWNT's final game of 2020, and the first match in 261 days, is set to be played on Nov. 27 at 12:30 ET / 6:30 local against the Netherlands at Rat Verlegh Stadium in Breda, Netherlands (ESPN2, TUDN). The roster includes various players from the NWSL (15), players in European competitions (7) and one college player.
Both players attended the USA's most recent training camp held in late October in Commerce City, Colo., making this the second consecutive call-up to the National Team for Bledsoe and Hatch.
Bledsoe will be joining the senior WNT for the third time, with her first following shortly after she won both the NWSL and W-League Goalkeeper of the Year awards in 2018-2019. The Wake Forest alum was called-up by Andonovski during the previous camp in October and will aim to become a staple within the USWNT keeper corps.
Between the Challenge Cup and the Fall Series, Bledsoe has been a stalwart for Washington. Playing in every match for the Spirit in 2020, Bledsoe kept three clean sheets in nine games. In the Spirit's final game of the Fall Series, Bledsoe saved five shots, including a diving effort that saw her nominated for an NWSL Save of the Week Award. In 2020, Bledsoe posted a 71-percent save rate.
Hatch has two caps to her name with the senior squad, her debut coming back in 2016. This will be Hatch's second consecutive USWNT camp after joining the senior team in October, and her third camp since last November when she was invited to Andonovski's ID camp in Bradenton, Florida.
A quick and technical striker, Hatch was the Spirit's leading goalscorer in 2019, netting seven times. Hatch scored once and provided one assist during the 2020 Challenge Cup. Additionally, the 25-year-old produced three shots on target and made one key pass in 139 minutes of play during the Fall Series.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from November 17, 2020
- Utah Royals FC Defender Kelley O'Hara Named to United States Women's National Team Roster - Utah Royals FC
- Sky Blue FC Forward Paige Monaghan to Host Charity Auction for Hometown Social Services - Sky Blue FC
- Houston Dynamo Football Club and Houston Dash Unveil New Club Initiatives, Brand Identity and Primary Badges - Houston Dash
- Sky Blue FC Defender Midge Purce Named to USWNT Training Camp Roster for Friendly against the Netherlands - Sky Blue FC
- Abby Dahlkemper and Lynn Williams Named to USWNT Training Camp Roster for Match against the Netherlands on November 27 in Breda - North Carolina Courage
- Bledsoe and Hatch Called up to USWNT Camp to be Held in the Netherlands - Washington Spirit
- Three Red Stars Selected for Upcoming U.S. WNT Camp - Chicago Red Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Spirit Stories
- Washington Spirit-OL Reign Match Canceled
- O'Hara, Sonnett, Sullivan Called up to USWNT for September Matches
- Julia Roddar Named to Sweden Roster for World Cup Qualifier Matches
- Karina Rodriguez Named to Mexico National Team Roster
- Washington Spirit Match vs. Portland Postponed