Three Red Stars Selected for Upcoming U.S. WNT Camp
CHICAGO - The United States Women's National Team announced their roster for the upcoming camp overseas against the Netherlands today. Chicago Red Stars defenders Julie Ertz and Tierna Davidson along with goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher have been selected for the camp roster.
This will be the first game in 261 days for the reigning World Cup champions. The USA will have six training days in the Netherlands before the match, which will kick-off at 12:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. local and will be broadcast on ESPN2 and TUDN.
Ertz, Naeher, and Davidson have each achieved recent success on the club level and internationally. All three players were part of the championship 2019 World Cup squad, with Ertz being the reigning 2019 U.S. Soccer Player of the Year.
For Chicago, all three players were also part of the squad that led the Red Stars to the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Championship. Davidson played in three matches across all competitions for Chicago this year. Naeher started six of the seven matches in the Challenge Cup, keeping a clean sheet in two matches and earning Player of the Match honors for her performance in a quarterfinal win. She would also start all four matches in the Fall Series. Ertz started six matches in the Challenge Cup, earning a spot in the tournament's Best XI squad.
US WNT Head Coach Vlatko Andonovski will select 18 players to suit up for the match against the Netherlands.
USWNT - Netherlands Training Camp Roster (Club; Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (3): Aubrey Bledsoe (Washington Spirit; 0), Jane Campbell (Houston Dash; 3), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars; 63)
DEFENDERS (8): Alana Cook (Paris Saint-Germain, FRA; 1/0), Abby Dahlkemper (NC Courage; 61/0), Tierna Davidson (Chicago Red Stars; 26/1), Crystal Dunn (Portland Thorns FC; 104/24), Kelley O'Hara (Utah Royals FC; 131/2), Margaret Purce (Sky Blue FC; 1/0), Becky Sauerbrunn (Portland Thorns FC; 177/0), Emily Sonnett (Orlando Pride; 45/0)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Julie Ertz (Chicago Red Stars; 102/20), Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns FC; 86/19), Rose Lavelle (Manchester City, ENG; 45/12), Catarina Macario (Stanford; 0/0), Kristie Mewis (Houston Dash; 15/1), Samantha Mewis (Manchester City, ENG; 67/18)
FORWARDS (6): Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit; 2/0), Tobin Heath (Manchester United, ENG; 168/33), Alex Morgan (Tottenham Hotspur, ENG; 169/107), Christen Press (Manchester United, ENG; 138/58), Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC; 0/0), Lynn Williams (NC Courage; 28/9)
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from November 17, 2020
- Utah Royals FC Defender Kelley O'Hara Named to United States Women's National Team Roster - Utah Royals FC
- Sky Blue FC Forward Paige Monaghan to Host Charity Auction for Hometown Social Services - Sky Blue FC
- Houston Dynamo Football Club and Houston Dash Unveil New Club Initiatives, Brand Identity and Primary Badges - Houston Dash
- Sky Blue FC Defender Midge Purce Named to USWNT Training Camp Roster for Friendly against the Netherlands - Sky Blue FC
- Abby Dahlkemper and Lynn Williams Named to USWNT Training Camp Roster for Match against the Netherlands on November 27 in Breda - North Carolina Courage
- Bledsoe and Hatch Called up to USWNT Camp to be Held in the Netherlands - Washington Spirit
- Three Red Stars Selected for Upcoming U.S. WNT Camp - Chicago Red Stars
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Red Stars Stories
- Three Chicago Red Stars Join USWNT for Upcoming Matches against Paraguay
- Chicago Red Stars Open Nominations for 2021 #SHEINSPIRESME Award
- Red Stars Total 18 Shots, Play to Scoreless Draw vs Gotham
- Scott Parkinson Hired by Gotham FC as New Head Coach
- Chicago Red Stars Forward Sarah Luebbert Loaned to Club America