Blazers Sign Import Defenseman Inaki Baragano
Kamloops, BC - General Manager, Matt Bardsley has announced the signing of 18-year-old defenseman Inaki Baragano to a standard WHL player agreement.
Baragano, who is from Lausanne, Switzerland, was selected by the Blazers in the first round, 16th overall in the 2019 CHL Import Draft in June.
The 5'10" and 170lb right shot defenseman played with the Lausanne U20 team last season and had six goals, 16 assists and 22 points in 39 games, which placed him fourth in the league among all defensemen.
He also suited up for Switzerland at the Under-18 World Hockey Championships and had one assist in seven games.
"We are excited to have Inaki join the Blazers this year," said General Manager, Matt Bardsley. "He displayed good mobility along with strong passing skills and hockey sense which enabled him to have a strong season last year in Lausanne. He lead their defense in scoring as a 17-year-old and followed that up with a very strong playoff run. We look forward to him bringing those same qualities to Kamloops," said Bardsley.
Baragano will arrive in Kamloops this weekend and participate in training camp starting with on-ice sessions on August 22nd at the Sandman Centre.
For ticketing information, please contact Jim, Stacy or David at 250-828-1144 or by email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Royals Complete Trade with Blades - Victoria Royals
- Winterhawks Announce Neely Cup Schedule - Portland Winterhawks
- Blazers Sign Import Defenseman Inaki Baragano - Kamloops Blazers
- Royals Acquire Haden from Blades - Victoria Royals
- Blades Acquire WHL All-Star Defenseman Walford - Saskatoon Blades
- Chiefs Introduce Family Feast Nights for 2019-20 Season - Spokane Chiefs
- Vancouver Giants Add Dave Chyzowski to Coaching Staff - Vancouver Giants
- Raiders Announce Dates for 2019 Training Camp - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.