Blast Defeat Syracuse 5-4; Advance to Eastern Conference Championship
The Blast defeated Syracuse 5-4 to advance to the Eastern Conference Championship. In front of a crowd of 3,611, Vini Dantas recorded two goals and one assist to lead Baltimore.
The game got off to a quick start, with Syracuse scoring just 51 seconds into the game. Patrick Thompson got on the board first to give the Silver Knights an early 1-0 lead. The Blast answered with two straight goals of their own. Vini Dantas and Jamie Thomas scored to give Baltimore the lead. Each team had scoring chances, but neither was able to capitalize, and the Blast took a 2-1 lead at halftime.
The Blast started the second half strong, scoring the first two goals of the half. Tony Donatelli and Vini Dantas scored to give the Blast a 4-1 lead. Syracuse responded with two straight goals of their own. Logan Roberts and Bo Jelovac scored to make it a one-goal game. The teams then traded goals late in the fourth quarter. Daniel Peruzzi scored a late insurance goal for Baltimore, but Syracuse answered with a Kenardo Forbes goal with the 6th attacker on. It was too little too late, as the Blast defense held on for a 5-4 win.
Both power plays were unsuccessful, as Baltimore went 0-1 and Syracuse was 0-2 with the man advantage. Jereme Raley recorded two assists in the game while Pat Healey recorded an assist and had 7 blocked shots on the night. Goalkeeper Joey Kapinos made 13 saves for the Blast. Syracuse goalkeeper Andrew Coughlin had 12 saves in the game.
The Blast are back in action in the Eastern Conference Championship at home on Friday, March 16th at 7:35 p.m. against the Milwaukee Wave at SECU Arena. Tickets will go on sale on Monday, March 12th at 10:00 a.m. and can be purchased by contacting the Blast office at 410-732-5278 or through ticketmaster.com.
MASL Match Report
Match: Baltimore Blast vs. Syracuse Silver Knights
Date: March 11, 2018
Venue: SECU Arena, Towson, MD
Kickoff: 5:05 p.m. EST
Goals 1 2 3 4 F
Baltimore 1 1 2 1 5
Syracuse 1 0 1 2 4
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 11, 2018
- Syracuse Falls Just Short to Baltimore in Round One of Playoffs - Syracuse Silver Knights
- Blast Defeat Syracuse 5-4; Advance to Eastern Conference Championship - Baltimore Blast
- Wave Advance to Round Two of MASL Playoffs after Tough Victory against Cedar Rapids - Milwaukee Wave
- Rampage Season Ends with 8-7 Road Loss - Cedar Rapids Rampage
- San Diego Wins Mini-Game Easily 6-2 to Advance to Conference Final - San Diego Sockers
- San Diego Wins Game Two to Force Deciding 15-Minute Mini Game - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Baltimore Blast Stories
- MASL Championship Preview: Blast at Monterrey
- Blast Defeat Wave 10-6; Advance to Ron Newman Cup Championship
- Pat Healey Named 1st Team All-MASL
- MASL Eastern Conference Final Preview: Blast vs. Wave
- Tony Donatelli Named 2nd Team All-MASL; Adriano Dos Santos Named 3rd Team All-MASL