Blast Defeat Heat 6-5
Baltimore, MD - In the second matchup of the season between the Baltimore Blast and the Harrisburg Heat, the Blast were again victorious 6-5.
The game got off to a fast start with five goals scored in the opening quarter. The Blast would strike first with a goal 12 seconds into the game by Vini Dantas. The Heat answered when Tavoy Morgan tied the game at one. Vini Dantas would strike again at the 2:15 mark with his sixth goal of the season assisted by Jonatas Melo. Harrisburg would answer again by converting on a power play after Nelson Santana's shot deflected into the Blast goal. The Dantas domination would continue when he notched the early hat trick on a power play goal assisted by Adriano Dos Santos. Both teams played a physical game the entire quarter to set the tone for the game. At the end of the first the Blast led 3-2.
In the second quarter both teams settled in defensively and Blast goalkeeper William Vanzela recorded five saves. The only goal of the quarter came from the Blast's Jonatas Melo assisted by Jon Orlando. At the half, the Blast led 4-2.
The second half would start the same way the first ended, with a Jonatas Melo goal. At the 5:55 mark, Melo found the back of the net for his second goal of the game to push the Blast lead to three. Julian Escobar would record his fourth goal of the season for the Heat at the 9:20 mark assisted by Nelson Santana. Seconds later the Heat would pull within one with a goal from the top of the arc by Ricardo Carvalho. At the end of the third, the Blast led 5-4.
In the fourth quarter, the Heat recorded their third straight goal to tie the game at five. The goal was William Eskay's third of the season. With six minutes remaining, the Blast power play came up big with a goal from Andrew Hoxie. This was Hoxie's sixth goal of the season and was assisted by Adriano Dos Santos. The Blast defense would seal the victory from there and at the final buzzer; the Blast defeated the Heat 6-5.
The Blast were led by Vini Dantas who recorded a hat trick, Jonatas Melo who recorded two goals and an assist, and Adriano Dos Santos who recorded 3 assists and anchored the stout Blast defense. In net for the Blast, William Vanzela, recorded 12 saves.
The Blast are back in action tomorrow Sunday, January 20th when they face the Mississauga MetroStars at 2:00 pm EST at SECU Arena.
MASL Match Report January 19, 2019
Baltimore Blast vs. Harrisburg Heat
Venue: SECU Arena
Kickoff: 6:00 p.m. EST
Goals 1 2 3 4 F
Baltimore 3 1 1 1 6
Harrisburg 2 0 2 1 5
Images from this story
Adriano Dos Santos of the Baltimore Blast (right) defends against the Harrisburg Heat
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Milwaukee Claims Victory on the Road over Florida Tropics, 10-9 - Milwaukee Wave
- Dallas Sidekicks Win on the Road - Dallas Sidekicks
- Ambush Comeback Falls Short as Utica City Wins 8-5 - St. Louis Ambush
- Late Rally Falls Short as Milwaukee Nips Tropics, 10-9 - Florida Tropics SC
- Utica City Snuffs out Ambush - Utica City FC
- Blast Defeat Heat 6-5 - Baltimore Blast
- Sockers Use a Brandon Escoto Hat-Trick to Shoot Down the Stars 9-4 - San Diego Sockers
- St. Louis Ambush Beat Comets 8-5 on the Road - St. Louis Ambush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Baltimore Blast Stories
- Baltimore Blast Game Preview vs. Orlando & Mississauga
- Blast Clinch Playoff Spot with 8-2 Victory over Heat
- Baltimore Blast v. Harrisburg Heat Game Preview
- Blast Continue Winning Ways with 10-9 Victory over Comets
- Baltimore Blast v. Kansas City Comets Game Preview