Milwaukee Claims Victory on the Road over Florida Tropics, 10-9
The Milwaukee Wave will tack another win onto their impressive 8-1 record in the Major Arena Soccer League. After finishing a tough game against the Florida Tropics at the RP Funding Center, the Wave came out on top over the Tropics with a 10-9 victory.
"It was a tough game," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. "We definitely could have handled some moments better but at the end of the day we're happy we came out with the win."
Both the Milwaukee Wave and the Florida Tropics fought a tough battle throughout the game. First quarter finished with the Tropics ahead 2-1. The Wave came back for the lead in the second quarter, going into halftime with a score of 5-3. The third quarter wrapped up with the Wave in the lead 6-4. Both teams put it in gear throughout the fourth quarter, but the Tropics fell to the Wave 10-9.
Ian Bennett came back with a bang after missing a few games due to injury. Bennett scored 3 goals for the Wave. Additionally, Marcio Liete, Issac Pereyra, Alex Bradley, and Max Ferdinand scored to assist in their victory this match up.
"We're top of our division, and we're in a really good place but there is still lots of work to do," said Oliviero. "Now we'll let the players rest up so we can be prepared for our match up on Monday against Orlando. We want to put our best foot forward!"
The Wave will take on one of the newest teams in the Major Arena Soccer League, the Orlando SeaWolves at the Silver Spurs Arena this Monday, January 21st.
Kickoff is scheduled for 6:35pm CST/Milwaukee time.
You can watch this game LIVE and for FREE via MASLtv at MASLSoccer.com.
The Milwaukee Wave return home to UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena on Saturday, January 26th to take on the Mississauga MetroStars.
Get tickets and more information by visiting MilwaukeeWave.com.
The Milwaukee Wave, along with Foley & Lardner LLP are honored to recognize a Hometown Hero every Wave game. Each selected hero will receive 4 VIP Tickets, a behind the scenes tour, a meet and greet with Wave players and more!
NEXT HOME GAME: Sat. Jan. 26th at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Milwaukee Claims Victory on the Road over Florida Tropics, 10-9 - Milwaukee Wave
- Dallas Sidekicks Win on the Road - Dallas Sidekicks
- Ambush Comeback Falls Short as Utica City Wins 8-5 - St. Louis Ambush
- Late Rally Falls Short as Milwaukee Nips Tropics, 10-9 - Florida Tropics SC
- Utica City Snuffs out Ambush - Utica City FC
- Blast Defeat Heat 6-5 - Baltimore Blast
- Sockers Use a Brandon Escoto Hat-Trick to Shoot Down the Stars 9-4 - San Diego Sockers
- St. Louis Ambush Beat Comets 8-5 on the Road - St. Louis Ambush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Wave Advance to MASL Eastern Conference Final After Defeating Kansas City Comets Saturday Afternoon
- Wave Defeats Rival Comets in Physical Game One of MASL Playoffs
- MASL Playoffs Game 1 - Thursday in KC 7:35pm
- Milwaukee Wave Closes out Regular Season with a Victory
- Wave Close Regular Season against Rival Comets Sunday 1:05pm at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.