'Blades Trade Capraro for South Carolina's Van Buskirk
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades president and general manager Craig Brush in coordination with head coach Malcolm Cameron announced that forward Chris Capraro has been traded to the South Carolina Stingrays for goaltender Parker Van Buskirk. In an unrelated transaction, defenseman Matt Duffy has been assigned from Rochester (AHL).
Van Buskirk, 21, joins the Everblades after beginning the season with the Utah Grizzlies. The Windsor, Ontario native posted a 5-8-1 record with the Grizzlies with a 3.39 goals against average and.881 save percentage. From Utah, Van Buskirk was traded to South Carolina for future considerations. He made seven appearances with the Stingrays and registered a 1-3-2 record with a 3.84 goals against average and.874 save percentage. One of his seven appearances was against the 'Blades on February 28 in Germain Arena. He made 23 saves and stopped two of four shooters in the shootout in a 3-2 Everblades victory.
Capraro, 26, appeared in 19 games with the 'Blades and scored a goal and five points. He was acquired from Wheeling for defenseman Cleve Kinley. In Wheeling, the Medford Massachusetts native tallied 22 points (5g, 17a) in 25 games.
Duffy, 24, earns his third recall to Rochester this season. He has appeared in nine games this season with the Amerks and scored a goal and four points. The 2005 Florida Panthers draft choice has appeared in 43 games with the Everblades this season and scored five goals and 14 points with 55 penalty minutes.
Everblades Weekly live from Shoeless Joe's Sports Café in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Fort Myers comes your way on Fox Sports Radio, 1200/1460AM next Monday from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Shoeless Joe's features half price pizza and $5.00 pitchers during the show. Shoeless Joe's Sports Café is in the Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Bell Tower Shops on the corner of Tamiami Trail (US-41) and Daniels Parkway.
Follow the Everblades on the new flagship station, Fox Sports Radio 1200/1460AM and via the Everblades website at www.floridaeverblades.com by clicking on the Fox Sports Radio or Sportsjuice logos. The 'Blades go on the road this weekend with three straight games in South Carolina against the defending Kelly Cup Champ Stingrays (March 12-14). Overall, the Everblades and Stingrays will play five straight times in the next two weeks. The Shoeless Joe's Sports Café pregame show comes your way 25-minutes prior to the drop of the puck. Everblades hockey on Fox Sports Radio is brought to you by Blu Sushi.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 9, 2010
- Condors drop Wranglers 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Condors Vs. Las Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- 6th Annual Condors Fighting Cancer Hockey-Thon March 19-20 - Bakersfield Condors
- 'Blades Trade Capraro for South Carolina's Van Buskirk - Florida Everblades
- Nie Goaltender Of The Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Traveling Around Town - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Pick Up Voakes, Marchesi From Cincy - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Going Green On Saturday - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Kalamazoo's Nie Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Paris And Zanoski Called Up To AHL Toronto - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Deal Marchesi And Voakes To Bakersfield - Cincinnati Cyclones
- G Andrew Perugini Reassigned From Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Reading's Giliati Named ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Walleye Trade Suda And MacMillan To Utah For Tony Romano - Toledo Walleye
- Stefano Giliati Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - Reading Royals
- Peter Vandermeer Assigned To Utah By Abbotsford - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Slapshot Set For CTCE Kid's Club Party At The Works - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.