Bisons Add Val Pascucci, J.R. House to Roster, Fernando Martinez Placed on Dl
The New York Mets today announced that they have signed INF VALENTINO PASCUCCI and C J.R. HOUSE to minor league contracts. Both players have been added to the Buffalo Bisons roster in time for their 7:05 p.m. game against the Norfolk Tides TONIGHT at Coca-Cola Field.
To make roster room, the Bisons announced that they have played OF FERNANDO MARTINEZ on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
Pascucci, 31, was with the Bisons in spring training as part of the New York Mets minor league camp. After being released prior to the 2010 season, he signed with the Camden Riversharks of the Independent Atlantic League. With the Riversharks, Pascucci hit .275 (14-51) with three doubles, three home runs and nine RBI in 14 games. He also posted a .415 on-base percentage and a .510 slugging mark with Camden.
Pascucci has 193 career minor league home runs, which is 10th most among active players. He led the Pacific Coast League with 34 homers with Triple-A Albuquerque (Marlins) in 2007. He also hit 27 home runs playing for the Mets' New Orleans affiliate during the 2008 season. Pascucci was originally drafted in the 15th round of the 1999 draft by the Montreal Expos.
House, 30, has also been playing in the Atlantic League with the Newark Bears. In 16 games, the catcher has hit .345 (20-58) with four doubles and eight RBI.
House was originally drafted by the Pirates in the 5th round of the 1999 June Free Agent Draft. In 944 career minor league games, House has hit .302 (1,052-3,485) with 117 home runs and 562RBI. He has played in 32 major league games with Pittsburgh (2003-2004), Houston (2006, 2008), and Baltimore (2007).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2010
- Alvarez, Crotta Lead Tribe To 8-1 Win Over Toledo - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox beat Chiefs for fourth straight - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Chiefs drop series opener 4-2 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bulls Roll At Columbus To Start Road Trip - Durham Bulls
- G-Braves start homestand with win over IronPigs - Gwinnett Stripers
- Hens Establish Single Game Attendance Record - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Add Val Pascucci, J.R. House to Roster, Fernando Martinez Placed on Dl - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Columbus Clippers Honored - Columbus Clippers
- Gwinnett, Syracuse Reschedule Postponed Games - Gwinnett Stripers
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Fifth Third Field Attendance Record May Fall Tonight - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons' Open National Anthem Auditions Are Tomorrow at Coca-Cola Field
- Bisons Introduce 'Sunday Affiliation Cap' to be Worn for All Sunday Home Games
- What's New at the Ballpark in 2018
- 2018 Anthem Auditions Set for March 24
- Bisons to Accept Canadian Cash 'At Par' Through April at Coca-Cola Field for Single-Game Tickets, Concessions