Birmingham Squadron Acquire Rights to Forward Kelan Martin in Trade with Grand Rapids
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Birmingham Squadron have acquired the returning player rights to forward Kelan Martin in a trade with the Grand Rapids Gold, announced today. Grand Rapids receives returning player rights to guard Chasson Randle in return.
Martin is entering his fourth season in professional basketball and has spent time with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics organizations. The Butler product has appeared in 96 NBA contests with six starts and owns a career average of 5.5 points, 2.4 rebounds and 13.2 minutes per game. The Louisville, Ky. native holds a career field goal percentage of .414, including a 30.7% mark from three.
The 6-5, 230-pound forward entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Minnesota and appeared in 31 contests with four starts his rookie season.
Martin finished his college career as Butler's second all-time scorer, notching 2,047 points in his four seasons as a Bulldog. In his senior season, he was named unanimous All-Big East First Team, was well as an Associated Press Honorable Mention All-American. Martin garnered Second Team All-Big East honors in both is junior and sophomore seasons in Indianapolis.
At the collegiate level, Martin averaged 15.1 points and 5.2 rebounds in 26.9 minutes per game, while shooting the ball at a .437 mark, including 34.8% from three-point distance. His career-high 37 points came on January 12, 2018 against Big East foe Marquette.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 16, 2022
- Birmingham Squadron Acquire Rights to Forward Kelan Martin in Trade with Grand Rapids - Birmingham Squadron
- Grand Rapids Gold Announce Trade with Birmingham Squadron - Grand Rapids Gold
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Iowa Wolves - Greensboro Swarm
- Indiana Pacers Sign Kendall Brown to 2-Way Contract with Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Birmingham Squadron Stories
- Birmingham Squadron Acquire Rights to Forward Kelan Martin in Trade with Grand Rapids
- Birmingham Squadron Announce Two Schedule Changes
- Birmingham Squadron Name T.J. Saint as Head Coach, Billy Campbell as General Manager of Basketball Operations
- Birmingham Squadron Announces 2022-23 Schedule
- Birmingham Squadron to Host Local Player Tryout