Big Third Period Leads to 5-4 Win over St. Charles
Allen, Texas -The Americans wrapped up a weekend series with the St Charles Chill on Saturday night at Allen Event Center with
The Chill jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period on back to back goals by Michael MacIntyre, his second of the season and Nicklas Lindberg on the power play his 11th. Allen led in shots by a count of 19-13 after 20 minutes of play.
The Americans made a goaltending change in the second period as Bryan Pitton, entered the game in place of starter Eric Levine. Allen would get on the board early in the period, as Anthony Maiani on a wrap-around slid one home for his second of the season at the 1:23 mark from Johnathan Lessard and Daniel Tetrault. Allen would tie the game a little over five minutes later when Spencer Asuchak, fired home his 20th of the season and 4th goal in two games to knot the score at 2-2. The Chill would regain the lead just over a minute later, when TJ Moor, scored from down low to give St Charles a 3-2 lead. Allen would hold a 33 to 26 advantage in shots on goal after 40 minutes of play.
The Americans tie the game early in the third as Greger Hanson fired home his 20th of the season on a one-timer from the left side of the ice at the 1:07 mark, Daniel Tetrault and Bruce Graham with the helpers for the Americans. Allen would grab the lead a little over two minutes later when Bruce Graham deflected a Tyler Ludwig shot past Linus Lundin for his 6th of the season at the 3:13 mark. Jamie Schaafsma made it 5-3 Allen 90 seconds later when he scored his 19th of the season from Johnathan Lessard. The Chill would add one late in the third but the Americans would hang on for a 5-4 victory over St Charles.
The Americans play in Wichita Sunday afternoon against the Thunder at 5:05 pm. Allen returns home next Wednesday night against the Quad City Mallards.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2014
- Boron Records First 30-Win Season In Career Helping Rush Clinch Home-Ice - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Fall to Mavericks But Clinch Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Silence Thunder with Three-Goal Third Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Chill Fall to Allen 5-4 - St. Charles Chill
- Big Third Period Leads to 5-4 Win over St. Charles - Allen Americans
- CHL Suspends Tulsa's Kyle Bochek - CHL
- Americans Host St Charles on Military Appreciation Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Two Four-Point Nights Power Rush Past Beast - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Drop Game against Cutthroats - Arizona Sundogs
- Denver Cutthroats Prevail in One Period - Denver Cutthroats
- Late Rally Falls Short as Oilers Stumble on Home Ice - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Powers Past Tulsa with 3-2 Win - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.