Behind the Mask: What Went into the Warrior Goalie's 2022-23 Designs
It's always an exciting day for the Moose Jaw Warriors' goaltenders when their newly painted masks arrive.
Jackson Unger and Connor Ungar have received their masks, which were designed and painted by Schinny Designs, for the 2022-23 season.
Both goalies have went with traditional designs this season, working in the Warriors' new Snowbirds-themed brand.
"I've got the new logo with the Snowbirds on top and I went around the side with the band, circle around the plane, and then I have the old moose head on both sides," Unger described.
The 17-year-old goalie's mask fades from black in the back to red in the middle and then to white in the front.
He said getting free reign to design a new mask each season means a lot.
"Gear is a big aspect, it's a player's style and looking good on the ice," Unger said.
For Ungar, this is his first season with the Warriors after spending last season in Red Deer.
He said he was excited to put together a new look for this season with the Warriors' new logo.
"I wanted to go with a predominantly white design, something that would blend well with the white cage," the 20-year-old goalie said. "I've got the new logo on [one side], it's a really good logo and fits well with the design.
"I added our other logo and some Snowbirds across the top."
Ungar's mask also has his name and Moose Jaw blended into the white across the helmet.
On the back, Ungar added his parent's initials and Saskatchewan and Canada's flags. Also across the bottom it says, "The Jaw".
"I think it turned out pretty well," Ungar added. "Schinny Designs does a great job of letting us bring our ideas to life and she really helped us put it on a mask."
See both masks in action this weekend when the Warriors face off with the Prince Albert Raiders on Friday at the Moose Jaw Events Centre. Moose Jaw travels to Brandon on Saturday to take on the Wheat Kings.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 28, 2022
- Saskatoon Blades Release Defenceman Wednesday - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Reassign Dochuk - Kelowna Rockets
- What's on Tap - Prince George Cougars
- Liwiski Signs AHL Deal with San Jose - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Acquire Towering Rebels Overage Defender - Saskatoon Blades
- Rebels Complete Trade with Saskatoon - Red Deer Rebels
- Behind the Mask: What Went into the Warrior Goalie's 2022-23 Designs - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Game #2 - ICE at Prince Albert - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Moose Jaw Warriors Stories
- Warriors Fall in Calgary to End Successful Road Trip
- Warriors Win Fifth Straight, Beat Rebels in Red Deer
- Warriors Continue Road Trip in Alberta this Weekend
- Alumni Report: Kaleb Toth Enters Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame
- Warriors Come Back To Beat Vancouver In Overtime