Bees swarm RiverKings for seven goals
Hidalgo, TX --- All-Star Daymen Bencharski scored two goals and Trevor Weisgerber had a goal and four assists to lead the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees to a 7-3 win over the Memphis RiverKings Saturday night at the Dodge Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. The loss extended the RiverKings' winless streak to nine games.
With the game tied at one entering the second period, the Killer Bees scored three goals in the first 3:45 to build a three goal advantage that Memphis would not be able to come back from. Rio Grande Valley scored five goals total in that period to build a 6-2 lead entering the third. The Bees, who outshot Austin 57-26 the night before, outshot Memphis 45-22 for the game.
Travis Banga, Derek Landmesser and Ryan Watson scored for the RiverKings who will return home for three games at the DCC next week beginning with Tulsa Tuesday night at 7:05
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2006
- Eagles Down Blazers 4-3 in Shootout - Colorado Eagles
- Ice Bats End Bat Cave Run in Style, 4-3 - Austin Ice Bats
- Lubbock Edges Amarillo 2-1 - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Laredo beats Corpus Christi 4-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Beat Rayz 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Bees swarm RiverKings for seven goals - Mississippi RiverKings
- Hounds lose to Bossier-Shreveport - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Killer Bees game notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Postgame party Saturday night at Flying Saucer - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Darryl Lloyd Earns Second Call-Up To The AHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings road game preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sunday Game Reminder - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview vs. Amarillo - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.